Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Canít let go

Canít let go

I cannot let go of a man I am with. He is emotionally unavailable. He is an alcoholic. Need I say more. I DONT want to be in the relationship as I know how bad it is for me, I canít seem to stop contacting him. Of course a small part of me cares, but I know it is not good. I really have tried to have no contact however, cannot seem to do it. I block him then unblock him. I turn off phone. I text friends instead. I journal etc etc etc.. it just goes back to me reaching out to him or valise versa. Hellpppppp!!!!!

Platinum Member
    It's emotional dependency rather than love. You need someone, so your high school friend popped up and it was convenient at the time. But you have no other prospects so you can't let go. You know you should block him and not contact him. I hope you can get the strength to move on.

I want so badly. I guess itís a process. I keep humiliating myself because Iím contacting him to just tell him what a jerk he is. Iím looking for him tonacknowlege my feelings and the part he played in this. He isnít healthy enough to give that to me. But I still keep trying. Ugh!!!

Platinum Member
    Then block and delete his contact info.

I would also suggest counseling.

The more he sees you care, the less he is going to care about you. I know that sounds really backwards but thatís how it works. He has to see that he canít always have u when he wants and thatíll make him straighten up a bit. he may never be emotionally available if u wonít show him u will walk away.

Originally Posted by Trinity1234
    I cannot let go of a man I am with. ... I DONT want to be in the relationship as I know how bad it is for me, I canít seem to stop contacting him.
    Change the key word from "can't" to "won't" for accuracy. Then make a better decision.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice