Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant The outlaws are visiting this weekend🤯

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

Rant The outlaws are visiting this weekend🤯

When they visited last year and his dad fell through the shower wall ( he has Parkinsonís and dementia) and physically unstable and now his mom requires a cane as well .....

He agreed with me it is dangerous at our house for them . Our only bathroom is at the top of steep stairs.

Yet he made a plan AGAIN for them to come behind my back with his sister.

There is really no advice to give because my husband will just do what he damned well pleases when it comes to these people.

I canít stand them. They are like a cankerous disease but I tolerate them because he loves them.

Seriously, though I could spit nails I am so angry. we are united front unless it comes to these idiots . I told him you are taking both these people to the bathroom and right back down the stairs holding them every second or I am driving away and I mean it . I will drive away and drive to my motherís three hours away and spend the entire weekend and I donít give one ratís bottom if itís rude . So you handle your people .

Platinum Member
    aww, get some nice bottles of wine for yourself, and before you know it, they will be leaving :)

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by SweetGirl28
    aww, get some nice bottles of wine for yourself, and before you know it, they will be leaving :)
    Already one in the fridge.... lol. I will have to buy more though because they are every day drinkers . 🙄

Rent one of those port-o-potties? lmao... sorry couldn't help myself. On a serious note you have my support and sympathy - just...drink wine. It makes life better sometimes and stock up too from the sounds of it. One bottle? Make it five! You'll thank yourself later....after they are gone.

6. 04-17-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Rent one of those port-o-potties? lmao... sorry couldn't help myself. On a serious note you have my support and sympathy - just...drink wine. It makes life better sometimes and stock up too from the sounds of it. One bottle? Make it five! You'll thank yourself later....after they are gone.
    Oh man, no kidding. I havenít been drunk in over 19 years but that may be my state this weekend and maybe they will leave....lol

8. 04-17-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Oh man, no kidding. I havenít been drunk in over 19 years but that may be my state this weekend and maybe they will leave....lol
    Was thinking more like keep them well lubbed so they are happy and peaceful and hopefully snoring in drunken stupor .....lol...

Then again.....they might decide to stay longer.....could backfire on ya.....of course you can scare them out with the ye olde ooopsss.....out of alcohol, so sorry buh bye...... :P

Actually, a commode is a good idea.
    Make her hubby dump it each time, that will end further visits!
    Hahahahaha
    It just irritates me so much that my husband and his sister have such little regard for the danger poses to their parents . His mom and his sister are just fed up with looking after the dad and they want to get out and go somewhere. my father-in-law becomes intensely disoriented if heís not at home . And last year all he was doing was having a pee and he fell through my shower wall because heís too proud and too stubborn to use a cane or walker . And since hubbyís mother was in the hospital in October sheís just gone downhill month by month by month . And they both refused any kind of help of any kind except their daughter. And as long as my mother-in-law is of sound mind nobody can force them. I already checked with social workers at my work about this . Canít force her to do anything if sheís of sound mind .

11. 04-17-2018, 01:41 PM

Yes, I see it a lot as a nurse. And they are right, sound mind, even when not fully able bodied, means they have the right.
    If someone could get them to sign over power of attorney, it would be helpful.

Does this mean they will go out, and you're left to care for his dad at the house while they have fun?
    I'd pull my toenails out lol
    Oh no. There is nowhere to have fun in this town. Lol. I looked after my father-in-law for a week while my mother-in-law was in the hospital in October and I almost cut my own throat . And I like him better than I like her .

I mean... I think the port-o-potty idea might be worth getting a quote for.

Originally Posted by j.man
    I mean... I think the port-o-potty idea might be worth getting a quote for.
    If I could get away with it.... lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice