Rant The outlaws are visiting this weekend🤯

Seraphim

When they visited last year and his dad fell through the shower wall ( he has Parkinson’s and dementia) and physically unstable and now his mom requires a cane as well .....

He agreed with me it is dangerous at our house for them . Our only bathroom is at the top of steep stairs.

Yet he made a plan AGAIN for them to come behind my back with his sister.

There is really no advice to give because my husband will just do what he damned well pleases when it comes to these people.

I can’t stand them. They are like a cankerous disease but I tolerate them because he loves them.

Seriously, though I could spit nails I am so angry. we are united front unless it comes to these idiots . I told him you are taking both these people to the bathroom and right back down the stairs holding them every second or I am driving away and I mean it . I will drive away and drive to my mother’s three hours away and spend the entire weekend and I don’t give one rat’s bottom if it’s rude . So you handle your people .

Rent one of those port-o-potties? lmao... sorry couldn't help myself. On a serious note you have my support and sympathy - just...drink wine. It makes life better sometimes and stock up too from the sounds of it. One bottle? Make it five! You'll thank yourself later....after they are gone.

Rent one of those port-o-potties? lmao... sorry couldn't help myself. On a serious note you have my support and sympathy - just...drink wine. It makes life better sometimes and stock up too from the sounds of it. One bottle? Make it five! You'll thank yourself later....after they are gone.

Oh man, no kidding. I haven’t been drunk in over 19 years but that may be my state this weekend and maybe they will leave....lol

Oh man, no kidding. I haven’t been drunk in over 19 years but that may be my state this weekend and maybe they will leave....lol

Was thinking more like keep them well lubbed so they are happy and peaceful and hopefully snoring in drunken stupor .....lol...

Then again.....they might decide to stay longer.....could backfire on ya.....of course you can scare them out with the ye olde ooopsss.....out of alcohol, so sorry buh bye...... :p

Actually, a commode is a good idea.

Make her hubby dump it each time, that will end further visits!

Hahahahaha

It just irritates me so much that my husband and his sister have such little regard for the danger poses to their parents . His mom and his sister are just fed up with looking after the dad and they want to get out and go somewhere. my father-in-law becomes intensely disoriented if he’s not at home . And last year all he was doing was having a pee and he fell through my shower wall because he’s too proud and too stubborn to use a cane or walker . And since hubby’s mother was in the hospital in October she’s just gone downhill month by month by month . And they both refused any kind of help of any kind except their daughter. And as long as my mother-in-law is of sound mind nobody can force them. I already checked with social workers at my work about this . Can’t force her to do anything if she’s of sound mind .

Yes, I see it a lot as a nurse. And they are right, sound mind, even when not fully able bodied, means they have the right.

If someone could get them to sign over power of attorney, it would be helpful.

Does this mean they will go out, and you're left to care for his dad at the house while they have fun?

I'd pull my toenails out lol

Oh no. There is nowhere to have fun in this town. Lol. I looked after my father-in-law for a week while my mother-in-law was in the hospital in October and I almost cut my own throat . And I like him better than I like her .

I think if they stay at a hotel with a nice big handicapped bathroom it might be the better option because the sister will have to deal with his stubbornness. Or one of those walkers with the toilet on it and hubby has to deal with it. I don't mean to be unkind -- but if your husband truly will be there 24/7 during the visit and will be with dad 24/7 that's one thing -- but if he is not - then well -- this is a never again.

I think if they stay at a hotel with a nice big handicapped bathroom it might be the better option because the sister will have to deal with his stubbornness. Or one of those walkers with the toilet on it and hubby has to deal with it. I don't mean to be unkind -- but if your husband truly will be there 24/7 during the visit and will be with dad 24/7 that's one thing -- but if he is not - then well -- this is a never again.

Thing is my husband has the attention span of a gerbil and his dad could have gone to the bathroom 13 times before he ever noticed. When his dad fell through the wall last time I was the only one jumping into action while they all stood there dumbfounded. They are all slow to react. His mom refuses to leave our house until like 10:30 at night so she has a break from caring for him. In the space of 12 hours god knows how many times he will have to go or she will and they can both barely hobble as they are almost 86. It terrifies me. His parents could be dead at the bottom of the stairs and he could still be watching the Blue Jays.

Thing is my husband has the attention span of a gerbil and his dad could have gone to the bathroom 13 times before he ever noticed. When his dad fell through the wall last time I was the only one jumping into action while they all stood there dumbfounded. They are all slow to react. His mom refuses to leave our house until like 10:30 at night so she has a break from caring for him. In the space of 12 hours god knows how many times he will have to go or she will and they can both barely hobble as they are almost 86. It terrifies me. His parents could be dead at the bottom of the stairs and he could still be watching the Blue Jays.

Then maybe you take a "me" day and go somewhere else. I hate to be like that -- but maybe that would be good for you.

Then maybe you take a "me" day and go somewhere else. I hate to be like that -- but maybe that would be good for you.

My husband said , “ don’t you dare be rude to my parents by not being here. That insults me.” I am stuck between a rock and a hard place with him and them. For him they will ALWAYS come before me. If it is anything or anyone else I come first . If it is his parents I can fly off the porch.

Archived