Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant The outlaws are visiting this weekend🤯

My MIL was straight out of hell and best avoided, so I sure can appreciate how you feel. Good luck, and if you end up leaving, I understand why.

Platinum Member
    I think if they stay at a hotel with a nice big handicapped bathroom it might be the better option because the sister will have to deal with his stubbornness. Or one of those walkers with the toilet on it and hubby has to deal with it. I don't mean to be unkind -- but if your husband truly will be there 24/7 during the visit and will be with dad 24/7 that's one thing -- but if he is not - then well -- this is a never again.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I think if they stay at a hotel with a nice big handicapped bathroom it might be the better option because the sister will have to deal with his stubbornness. Or one of those walkers with the toilet on it and hubby has to deal with it. I don't mean to be unkind -- but if your husband truly will be there 24/7 during the visit and will be with dad 24/7 that's one thing -- but if he is not - then well -- this is a never again.
    Thing is my husband has the attention span of a gerbil and his dad could have gone to the bathroom 13 times before he ever noticed. When his dad fell through the wall last time I was the only one jumping into action while they all stood there dumbfounded. They are all slow to react. His mom refuses to leave our house until like 10:30 at night so she has a break from caring for him. In the space of 12 hours god knows how many times he will have to go or she will and they can both barely hobble as they are almost 86. It terrifies me. His parents could be dead at the bottom of the stairs and he could still be watching the Blue Jays.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Thing is my husband has the attention span of a gerbil and his dad could have gone to the bathroom 13 times before he ever noticed. When his dad fell through the wall last time I was the only one jumping into action while they all stood there dumbfounded. They are all slow to react. His mom refuses to leave our house until like 10:30 at night so she has a break from caring for him. In the space of 12 hours god knows how many times he will have to go or she will and they can both barely hobble as they are almost 86. It terrifies me. His parents could be dead at the bottom of the stairs and he could still be watching the Blue Jays.
    Then maybe you take a "me" day and go somewhere else. I hate to be like that -- but maybe that would be good for you.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Then maybe you take a "me" day and go somewhere else. I hate to be like that -- but maybe that would be good for you.
    My husband said , ď donít you dare be rude to my parents by not being here. That insults me.Ē I am stuck between a rock and a hard place with him and them. For him they will ALWAYS come before me. If it is anything or anyone else I come first . If it is his parents I can fly off the porch.

As it turns out my in laws canít come. My FILís dementia is getting far too bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice