she drunk texts me and everything is confusing now

So this girl is a senior and I'm a junior as well as a new student. We got close from mutual friends in the second semester and were pretty solid, she was a great friend that i enjoyed having around but haven't ever thought of her in a romantic way (to clear things up i'm gay but in the closet). I consider myself to be the type that catches on things quick and I did catch quite a lot of things that hinted she was flirting with me at times and signs that kinda show she likes me but I brushed it all off because i don't have feelings for her.

Three weeks ago when she went to the senior year field trip outside the country she texted me at night when she was drunk and the conversation was very confusing then she randomly said "she's in trouble" because "she's in love with a girl". I told her it's perfectly fine to like whoever you wanna like but the conversation didn't progress any more than this (Also she doesn't know that i'm gay). After that a few days passed by and we haven't seen each other due to conflicting schedules but I kept thinking about that conversation and was worried about her, it was surprising just how much i was thinking of her constantly.

When i finally saw her at school, my heart was weirdly beating really fast that time, we talked about that conversation and it was obvious how she tried to brush it off as just a joke but then i made it clear to her that i'm very fine with it and that she can trust me, so she admitted that she likes girl and i supported her and i was happy to see that she got comfortable with her identity. However, she said she remembers texting me and the general topic but doesn't remember the details and she looked extremely anxious when she asked if she had said names or not (which she didn't).

Later on I still catch myself thinking about her and getting excited to see her and just wanna hang out with her alone, which has been happening a lot now where we're often spending time just us together and i would be happy the entire time.

Problem is, she graduates next week and i'm still not sure about my feelings for her. I don't even know who's going to make the first step or if there would ever be a first step. Or what if we do get together but how will we even have time for each other when she goes to university and i still have my last year of school to finish?

Everything is confusing and uncertain and it feels like time is ticking so fast i'm not sure what to do. A help would really be appreciated, thank you.

Maybe it's time to be honest about this:

So this girl is a senior and I'm a junior as well as a new student. i'm gay but in the closet. she texted me at night when she was drunk and randomly said "she's in love with a girl". she doesn't know that i'm gay. she admitted that she likes girl . I still catch myself thinking about her and getting excited to see her and just wanna hang out with her alone, which has been happening a lot now where we're often spending time just us together and i would be happy the entire time.

I'm not publicly out because I have a homophobic family however I'm out to my closest friends that I can trust with my life. I'm very comfortable with my identity I just tell a select few so that's not my problem I just don't know how to approach this matter that i'm facing right now :)

Archived