Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Family Dog put to sleep yesterday

Family Dog put to sleep yesterday

Her name was Holly, she was a female white westie who was a member of the family for almost 18 years. I might still be in shock as I cant seem to cry about losing her and just feel immense sadness for her passing. I also feel sadness for my mum who is taking it hard as she was the closest to her.

I know it was for the best as she had multiple health issues and would have just gotten worse.

Thanks just needed to put this out there.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am very sorry for your loss. Rest assured she knew she was loved . ❤️

The pain of losing a pet is very real. But with the sadness is the joy that you loved and cared for this living creature, who no doubt had a very happy life. I was overseas and holding down a job as a lawyer when my mum emailed me that our family dog Billy had been put to sleep three days earlier but she couldn’t bring herself to tell me until then. She described taking him to all his favourite places one last time before the vet came to our home. I wept in my office and was red eyed when I met my clients! That was ten years ago and sometimes in my dreams Billy is young and healthy again and leaping on my bed like he did when I was a girl.

Hugs to you...

Thank you. I knew her time was coming to an end but I just wasn't expecting it to suddenly be yesterday.

I went through the same last year with my cat. I felt absolutely gutted. The grief catches you off guard.
    I am sorry for your loss. It's such a shame we can't keep them longer than we do.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice