My boyfriend does drugs with my best friend

gjw

So I'm not sure where to start really, my best friend L, and my boyfriend J, were friends before me and J got together. Ls boyfriend C is also best friends with J. They've been on holiday together, they've known eachother longer properly than me and J have.. they always have a good time together.. anyway my point is L and J get on really well, so much so even C had a problem with it before me and J got together. Now in my heart of hearts and my head I know , KNOW J and L would never do anything .. they're both loyal as can be! But I'm a naturally jealous person, my ex probably didn't help that.. and when drugs are involved I can't get that nagging feeling out of my head.. if ever were all out they all do drugs bar me, and when I see L and J be sneaky with them, or doing a line together something just ticks and I go mad.. I'm not sure whether it's because they have the drugs in common, or whether it's because I know coke can make you horny, or whether it's just because they get on so well.. but I just can't handle it, it's got to the point now where I'm feeling the pressure to try drugs just so me and J have that more in common, I have spoken to him about it and he said he'd never want me to do them unless I wanted too 100% .. I don't WANT to do them, but I feel like they always have a better time when drugs are around... Any advice anyone please?! Every time were out drugs are there now so I'm reluctant to go out these days..

Ok enjoy your stay in rehab or prison. Hope you have lots of cash, not only for drugs, but to bail yourself or your "lovely friends" out of jail. Hopefully you don't plan on having a career or home or education.

everyone does them.. think that's why Im feeling the pressure more these days
They're both lovely people and it's not every day they're doing them, the town I'm from in UK nearly everyone does them.. think that's why Im feeling the pressure more these days

No. It's the people you associate with. Drugs are not cool. At all!

Aim higher in life. What do you and your bf do for work? Coke is not cheap. How much money does he have to spend on rent and other expenses?

How old are you guys?

Why would I be in rehab or prison? I've not done drugs and when they're around I subtly remove myself from the group usually.. my mum experimented with drugs when she was younger as did my dad and they both have a home, education and a career so doing drugs doesn't necessarily mean you're going to end up with nothing. I'm just asking for help mainly on the pressure side that's all...

my mum experimented with drugs when she was younger as did my dad and they both have a home, education and a career so doing drugs doesn't necessarily mean you're going to end up with nothing

My cousin dropped out of school due to his drug addiction. Got a girl pregnant. Stole money from his mother who is permanently disabled from a tragic car accident. Was in and out of prison. He overdosed which stopped his heart and killed him.

His girlfriend was pressed into using by him. She was a 4.0 student and had a full paid scholarship for a nursing program at state university... gave it up for drugs. Did hardcore drugs while pregnant and has a son with severe medical medical issues (diabetes and allergies). Also stole money (government disability checks) from my handicapped aunt to buy more drugs.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think drugs will affect a persons behavior. Please get out of this and disassociate yourself from people who use.

The worst thing about drugs (including nicotine) is they take away your freedom, you don't even realise how fast that happens. Being addicted to something is the worst. Needing that something to be able to function or think you need it to do so.

Although some drugs aren't that addictive per say, it's the ritual sometimes that is addicting and hard to shake off as well.

I would avoid anything that has a high risk of taking over your life. Don't compare yourself to others, you may not be able to get out of it. Not worth trying, especially if it is to fit in. Work on yourself and build up your confidence, you don't need to change yourself to fit in, you need to find people that suit you naturally.

Find your tribe. These people aren't your tribe.

Why would I be in rehab or prison? I've not done drugs and when they're around I subtly remove myself from the group usually.. my mum experimented with drugs when she was younger as did my dad and they both have a home, education and a career so doing drugs doesn't necessarily mean you're going to end up with nothing. I'm just asking for help mainly on the pressure side that's all...

But that's the problem, OP. Feeling you might need to snort coke to have something more in common with you boyfriend says a lot about the true strength of your relationship, and it's not good. It's the mere fact you'd consider giving in when it's obviously not something you really want to try, just to feel closer to your boyfriend, is sad.

How old are all of you?

Archived