Looking for opinions on guy staring at me a lot

mysterious99

Hello, female here looking for opinions on a male coworker constantly looking at me. I started my job about a month ago and since then I have caught my coworker constantly looking at me, and when I look back at him he doesn't look away and we end up staring at each other for a few seconds before I look away. I even see him looking my way from a long distance or if I'm walking towards his direction he is just staring at me. He even looks over at me to see if I am laughing at something funny. He doesn't smile at me when I catch him looking unless something funny happened. He does have a girlfriend but lately he's been complaining about her and saying he's not currently talking to her. I am not the type to go after someone in a relationship, but the amount of times I catch him staring at me is starting to make me curious as to why. I am a very shy and reserved person with not much experience with dating and flirting. I just want to know if he might find me attractive or if he's just zoning out in my direction a lot. Just having an idea as to why he looks at me a lot is enough. I am not looking to catch him. Just the amount of times I catch him looking at me is a lot and is starting to drive me crazy as to why. Thanks for your opinions!

OP,

This man is invading your space by following you with his eyes. He may be attracted etc., even so, I urge you harden up. Do not follow his lead

His staring is a sign of sexual interest and also disrespect.

Please don't follow him. his staring is a show of disrespect.

Yeah, the answer is fairly clear...he's a total creep. He has a girlfriend but is disrespecting her by looking at you, he will continue this type of letch behavior if you ever decide to date him.

Staring also is creepy as hell. How ever you view this, this man is one you should toss back and let him be someone else's problem.

If this is who you think would be a good romantic prospect for you, you are not ready to date. If you lack self confidence, you will be the sheep a wolf loves to prey on. A wolf knows exactly how to pick out the weakest in the herd. Don't let it be you.

You can't project to the future and see that a man who has a girlfriend and badmouths her while staring at other women will repeat that pattern with anyone new, as that's the way he rolls.

Read articles on improving your self esteem, and until you can spot red flags in people, refrain from putting yourself in harm's way. Take care.

I have to admit, I find it a little creepy with a high level of staring. Plus he is either in a relationship where he trash-talks his girlfriend, or he's working through a breakup or quasi-breakup, and you don't want to get involved with someone breaking up....but let's look at his character...that a man who is otherwise involved is ogling women at work. Nice t***, nice butt, want to "tap that"? You don't seem to find a creep-factor in his stares and glances, so this could be something less devious...it's really hard to say. People look at each other and if there's attraction, there may be more of a magnetic draw to notice their presence and look in their direction, be aware, talk...and then there's the creepy staring and attention. Personally, I would consider him off limits with the girlfriend situation, and you know very well that he'll be ogling other women despite you and him being involved. The man needs to learn some discretion, at the very least. I find his behavior unnerving.

Archived