What should I bring when a girl invited me over to her house?

Kevin1995

Hey!

the girl that I'm dating invited me over to her house at 6-7pm and I was wondering what I should bring to her? She said that we could do some challenges that she wanted to try after watching it on youtube and also play some cards. I have done some searching on google and some says that a red rose bouquet and a chocolate is a nice gift.

What do you think of me giving her a bouquet of different flowers and chocolate?

I'm curious to read your opinion!

It's a nice gesture to bring something. Depending on how you feel, a single red rose and some favorite candies is fine. Also yes reserve alcohol for a dinner hosted by her parents. Giving women booze on an in-home date could be seen the wrong way, who knows?

What do you think of me giving her a bouquet of different flowers and chocolate?
It's a nice gesture to bring something. Depending on how you feel, a single red rose and some favorite candies is fine. Also yes reserve alcohol for a dinner hosted by her parents. Giving women booze on an in-home date could be seen the wrong way, who knows?

Sorry, but a single red rose looks cheap.

Obviously hard to tell as we are not there to see the whole vibe and situation, but I tend to er on the side of conservative and not coming on too strong (bring strawberries, etc). Flowers and chocolate might seem much for no special occasion, but maybe it is. Or maybe you are seeing the girl so you have a good feel for what is and isn't right and that might be a good choice? I don't think anything would be bad since you are officially dating this girl, maybe just be safe and find something in the middle?

I'd say go with the gut.

CONDOMS! Ha Ha

Stop by the grocery store on the way over and grab some nice flowers but not roses or anything too fancy. You want to be thoughtful but not over the top. Or if you know her pretty well you could pick up her favorite snack or drinks.

Think about the things she has talked about the most and see if you think of anything.

Congratulations!

Have fun

Lost

The first comment tho! it might actually happened, but I will have to look for the signs. I'm just gonna be myself :)

Yeah, I think I would go for flowers and strawberries :)

Oh I like that - strawberries! A nice bouquet of flowers is always nice. Maybe a dozen roses is a bit over the top, but something more casual will be well received. In fact a friend of mine and I were just talking about that the other day - how nice to have flowers in the room and how much we like carnations - colorful, cheery and will stay in a vase for a really long time without wilting.

As you get to know her, find out what her favorite flowers are and maybe get those another time as it comes up or just to surprise from time to time - you'll get bonus points for paying attention to what she likes. It's really one of those things where pay less attention to what others say should be done and more to what she personally likes. Like don't buy cake/chocolate for someone who just told you they are trying to lose weight...lmao.....

I mean it's a date, not an offering. I wouldn't being flowers or a gift. Bring something you can both enjoy. You're meant to contribute to the evening, not to her. Assuming you and she drink, a bottle of wine or a decent 6-pack is just fine and benign enough. You're not chugging it and leaving. Neither of you should be getting tanked if you're sharing it over the course of a few hours. If you're really that worried, bring a desert to share.

Or-- novel thought-- you can ask, "Hey, anything in particular you'd like me to bring?" Chances are there's something she'd appreciate sparing herself the trip for.

Don't think too much.

From RoseForLove.com

The Meaning of a Single Rose

A single red rose promises life long devotion and love. The red rose speaks of a love that is unchanging and does not wither away. "I will always love you and all my affections are concentrated in you alone", the single red rose says.

A single pink rose is an elegant way of thanking someone because this is what pink roses transmit: gratitude.

Neither are cheap; it's not about the money you spent, it's about the sentiment behind it.

Unless you're in a committed RL with her, I vote for the pink rose in a pretty single rose vase.

Personally, if I invited a guy I just started dating over and he brought me one pink rose in a pretty vase, I would love it!

But I love pink, including pink champagne which a guy I dated did bring me because he overheard me telling someone else I loved pink champagne at a party we attended the previous week! :D

A bouquet a flowers? Too over the top imo, trying too hard; assuming you only recently started dating her and not in a RL.

Ooh I very much disagree.

I find a bouquet of roses as trying to hard. A single rose is confident and a little sultry.

Also, I would feel uncomfortable if a guy spent that much on a bouquet. Roses aren’t cheap.

Same for me. Not to mention, bouquet of roses is just so typical, so cliché and even contrived.

Ooh I very much disagree.

I find a bouquet of roses as trying to hard. A single rose is confident and a little sultry.

Also, I would feel uncomfortable if a guy spent that much on a bouquet. Roses aren’t cheap.

I would rather get a bunch of handpicked flowers. If the season is off, then a bunch of flowers: daisies, sunflowers, tulips. More original. I'm not a rose person.

Down the street from where I live, there is a grocery store with a flower department inside; they carry the most beautiful arrangements, and they also carry fresh single roses (all colors) in a little vase with white baby's breath - so pretty! I think it's around $10.00-$15.00.

I may even pick one up for myself tonight and put it on my coffee table for the weekend, just love em!

Update: Since I can’t post a new one I will write it here. She just canceled on me the last minute... saying that she was sick and was not sure if I could come to her. I said it was fine and that we could meetup sometimes next week. She replied with only this: «Thank you for understanding» I think it might be a lie because it did not seem to me that she was sick. She was sending me a video on snap of her playing with her little sister and her cat. And suddendly she becomes sick? Don’t think so.

I think she might have lost interest in me or that she just don’t feel comfortable having me at her house. Maybe I should ask her out again so we can do something in public? Maybe invite her over to my place?

I was so happy when she invited me because it means that she trusts me as she don’t invites alot of guys to her place, but then she cancel at the last minute got my feelings hurt....

Sorry to hear this. Agree it sounds like an excuse. I don't think it's because of being at her place since she invited you over. I would not contact her unless she contacts you.

She just canceled on me the last minute... saying that she was sick and was not sure if I could come to her.She was sending me a video on snap of her playing with her little sister and her cat. And suddendly she becomes sick?Maybe I should ask her out again so we can do something in public?

Archived