Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex husband reached out

Ex husband reached out

My ex husband reached out and said this

I am so sorry. I live with regret for how I treated you. Iím not trying to win you back or come back into your life. Iím trying to let you I realized the error in my ways. I treated you so terrible. I devalued you. I pushed you away. I chose everyone but you. I was a piece of that didnít deserve you ever in the relationship. You gave me so much and I threw it away. I should of never left. Our relationship was never that bad that we couldnít work things out. I have flash backs from one of the nights we fought in your room. How I gave you some truth I was probably cheating again and you looked at me with such pain on your face. You have no Idea how much I regret that. You have no idea how much I wish I could take that moment and all the other moments back. I pray that your well. Whenever life takes you I pray your safe. And you make wise decisions. Donít do drugs. Donít get drunk. Hang around good people that going to motivate you to go up in life. Donít go backwards. I know you can understand why I keep you block. For my own mental sanity. I donít want to go backwards. I donít want to get Baker acted again. I blocked and avoid everyone from that point in my life. God bless. Always trust in God.

What should I think about the message?! I didnít need the apology? Please advise. Do you think he misses me, still loves me or wants me? I realized I would always love him but I wonít allow myself back, I deserve better.

Platinum Member
    Maybe he got therapy and the guilt was eating away at him.
    Maybe he joined a new church and he's apologizing because that's what they preach.
    Doesn't sound like he wants to rekindle anything, just being sincere.

And yes, you deserve better than a cheater. I hope all goes well for you.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Sounds like a 12step programme apology. Donít respond.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Sounds like a 12step programme apology. Donít respond.
    So you donít think heís being sincere?

Originally Posted by SweetGirl28
    Maybe he got therapy and the guilt was eating away at him.
    Maybe he joined a new church and he's apologizing because that's what they preach.
    Doesn't sound like he wants to rekindle anything, just being sincere.

And yes, you deserve better than a cheater. I hope all goes well for you.
    Thank you I guess but heís apologized before this isnít the first time

I just canít understand why he reached out since itís been months since Iíve talked to him and heís apologized before.

Platinum Member
    He's being clear he doesn't want contact, so whatever prompted it, just say "thank you" in your mind and move beyond it.
    I know it's confusing but only he knows why he did it. And I don't advise asking him because you might open up Pandora's box. Just try to accept it and go on. Words from any ex can be confusing and cause us to overthink.

A 12 step program apology is just as sincere (if not more so) than any apology. If he is in the program then he is trying to take accountability for himself and his choices at least on some level. I would take it as a healing balm.. Say a silent prayer for him to be well.. And keep moving forward with your life. One step at a time.

Platinum Member
    He is unloading his guilt.

I am sorry that you had to deal with all of that. You deserve so much better than this guy. Don't respond.

Originally Posted by fwdthinker
    A 12 step program apology is just as sincere (if not more so) than any apology. If he is in the program then he is trying to take accountability for himself and his choices at least on some level. I would take it as a healing balm.. Say a silent prayer for him to be well.. And keep moving forward with your life. One step at a time.
    Just what I was thinking. Iíve always found amends from a 12 step program to be my favourite way of acknowledging wrongs, because the person (or me) is truly taking responsibility for what they have done. Itís cathartic for everyone involved.

That being said you arenít obligated to accept or respond to his apology... you can just use it as an opportunity to let go of the past and move forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice