Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex husband reached out

It sounds like this ahole is still entirely full of himself. Who knows, maybe he found god, like many sociopaths who need to re-inflate their egos/images. Laugh at it.
    Originally Posted by soulsurvivor26
    Whenever life takes you I pray your safe. God bless. Always trust in God.

It looks like a ploy to me to restart communication.

If he has apologized before then why do it again?

He says he doesn't want to win you back to look sincere but only time and how he lives his life from now on will tell the real truth.

If he is truly sorry and is in some sort of program then a reply is not needed and may do more harm than good to you both.

I have the feeling he is seeking your forgiveness for himself with the hopes of getting you to talk to him. He has partially succeeded as you are now thinking about him and secretly hoping he has changed so one day you two can be together.

Either way the best thing to do is hope he will one day actually live as he talks and continue NC.

Lost

PS This is from one of your very first posts on this forum. Lest we forget who we are talking about...

I just feel like everything was a lie to begin with, and I know he had major issues. Anyways he is very manipulative so I don't doubt he's lying and manipulating her

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    It looks like a ploy to me to restart communication.

If he has apologized before then why do it again?

He says he doesn't want to win you back to look sincere but only time and how he lives his life from now on will tell the real truth.

If he is truly sorry and is in some sort of program then a reply is not needed and may do more harm than good to you both.

I have the feeling he is seeking your forgiveness for himself with the hopes of getting you to talk to him. He has partially succeeded as you are now thinking about him and secretly hoping he has changed so one day you two can be together.

Either way the best thing to do is hope he will one day actually live as he talks and continue NC.

Lost

PS This is from one of your very first posts on this forum. Lest we forget who we are talking about...

I just feel like everything was a lie to begin with, and I know he had major issues. Anyways he is very manipulative so I don't doubt he's lying and manipulating her
    Yes thatís true well thank you for your help Definately appreciate It

I feel so dumb founded his teaching out still effects me so I know Im not over It. I hate feelings he brought up again. Like why text me youíve left me alone all this time.

He wants to share his great epiphany as many recent druggies, drinkers, etc. in recovery or prisoners do. It's all about him and how amazing and insightful he supposedly now is. It's absurd, don't even take it personally because it's all about his humble-bragging etc. Just ignore it, same bs, different flavor.
    Originally Posted by soulsurvivor26
    Like why text me youíve left me alone all this time.

Often times men don't realize what they have until they don't have it anymore. The worst thing they do is think the grass is greener and realize it actually wasn't. He regrets. Let him. Seems like he knows he took you through a lot. Forgive him, learn from the experience and give yourself time to heal. There is something better waiting ahead. You will probably always still love him to a degree, but I would make him live with the decisions he made.

Platinum Member
    I would say "thank you. I wish you the best" and don't communicate after that.

Bronze Member
    I think you should at least have a face to face meeting to discuss.

Originally Posted by askdan
    I think you should at least have a face to face meeting to discuss.
    This thread is over a year old :)
    Originally Posted by Adriana7
    Often times men don't realize what they have until they don't have it anymore. The worst thing they do is think the grass is greener and realize it actually wasn't.
    Sure, but I wouldn't go generalizing like that. Women probably do it as well*

C*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice