Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would he do this?

Platinum Member

Why would he do this?

I have an exbf that I am completely over, no doubt. But he still pulls st my heart strings since he was my first love. Anyway, every now and then he'll send me a text about how much he still loves me, thinks of me, and how we could be soulmates. A few years ago, I told him that maybe we should try to date again to see what happens. He said, no, because he had a gf of 1 year that he couldn't dump. That was 4 years ago. He's sent sporadic texts over the years claiming to love me so much which I ignore . And then today, another one. I asked him if he was single, nope, he's still with the same woman, he's been with her over 5 years now, not engaged or anything.

If he truly loved me, why would he waste 5 years on someone else. I don't know anything about their relationship, but 5 years is a long time to be together. I think if he was going to marry he, he would've asked her by now. So with that, why waste 5 years on someone you aren't going to marry for someone who you claim to love and want to marry. Makes no sense.,

Platinum Member
    Because he doesn't truly love you.

Words are cheap and easy. His actions show the truth.

Why haven't you blocked him? Why continue to put yourself through this torture for years and years?

Platinum Member
    It's not torture to me. I'm usually ok with it. And I'm ok now, I'm just wondering. But you are right, actions speak louder.

Platinum Member
    Guys will tend to text old girlfriends when they're experiencing low points in their relationships. Maybe he had a fight with his gf. Block him. Don't let him bother you. Don't even think about him.

You are a fantasy. He doesn't know you. Think about how much you've changed from when you were close to him. He doesn't love you, he's infatuated with the idea of you. And only as a counterpoint to his real relationship. Because real relationships have struggles and hardships. Fantasies don't.

Platinum Member
    It's an ego thing. He wants to see if you'll be his back-up plan in case things go south with his girlfriend.

He sounds like a jerk. Decent men don't send ex-girlfriends messages like that while they are with someone else. He obviously doesn't actually love either of you if pulls stunts of this nature.

Platinum Member
    I should add that his message today was rated R....he dreams of Fing me for hours and wants to come inside me, how he's loved me for 25 years, etc . ehhh. Not my problem.

Ego boost.
    He deserves nothing of you.
    Give him nothing anymore. He has another woman... his choice. He can deal with it!

"Why would he do this?"

Because you let him. Block him!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jennylove
    I should add that his message today was rated R....he dreams of Fing me for hours and wants to come inside me, how he's loved me for 25 years, etc . ehhh. Not my problem.
    That's not proof he loves you.

That's proof he's a lying emotionally cheating d-bag who is trying to get you to help him cheat.

His actions shouldn't pull at your heart strings. They should have you recoiling in disgust.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice