She don't want to talk.

On April 1st friend told me she found a place and is gonna be moving soon. I congratulated her.

Since then if I ever mention it she doesn't respond text/phone, or suddenly has to go.

Seems like if I ever bring up her getting a place she shuts down.

She is moving, she asked me to get photos from her ex-husband before she moves (asked April 9th).

Any time I mention her new place via text she doesn't respond to that but will respond to other stuff.

If I mention it on the phone she suddenly has to go.

Why do her potential living arrangements matter to you?

I have a friend who told me via text she found a place and was gonna get it soon. Told me it is just gonna be her living there with no guys. But any time I mention the place she's getting she shuts down.

They don't, never asked her where she was moving. None of my business.

Just odd how that one word is so taboo with her. We talk about everything and are close like family.

She might surgery soon and would be off from work for awhile. Told her I was sorry to hear that, and comes at a bad time considering she is getting her own place suddenly she has to go (she started acting weird on the phone and was in a rush to get off the phone)

We talk about everything and are like family but anything about her getting a place and she shuts down and ignores me or has to suddenly go.

What's your theory on why she suddenly has to go when you mention her moving? Could she not want you to know where she will be living, so that you dont show up at her house?

Could be possible, which I believe is going on. But that has me puzzled... cause when she was with her now ex the past 3 years they invited me over from time to time (at her request) to hang out, eat dinner, house sit, spend Christmas Eve...

When she moved in with her mom for a short while she and her mom invited me over a couple times when they needed help. She is at her dad's place now and she's had me come over a few times in the past couple months. To hang out with her dad, bring her stuff from her ex, pick her up so we could go shopping (Her groceries and help me pick out items for a baby shower), had me pick her up one day to go to the doctors about her foot... told me that I could come over anytime I wanted to hang out. Tries to get me to come over more often to hang out with her dad.

At one time late last year she even talked of possibly having me rent a room from her if she bought her own place. She was gonna also have one of her brother and/or mom stay with her too.

She said awhile back she is never gonna live with a guy again, I respected her wishes and told her I am cool with that (I am)... But last week her dad accidentally blurted out that her boyfriend was talking her into getting a place for them to live. (Her BF... that's another long story... he has a history of living off women and using them... doesn't work... doesn't want anyone to know they are dating... yadda yadda yadda)...

I have a feeling her boyfriend doesn't want her to have me come over. Which is odd cause I work with his one cousin and we are pretty close friends at work. I've met his other 2 cousins at the bar they run and they seemed to take a liking to me (I was DD for my friend and/or her dad), I do not drink but 2-3 times a year.

That or she maybe thinks I will get upset if I found out that she lied to me when she said before that her boyfriend wouldn't be living with her or any guy ever again. I can only think she feels bad for in the past inviting me to stay with her and her family a few months ago and then telling me several times she was not living with any guy or anyone again and going to live by herself. Now I found out from her dad that her boyfriend, who stays with them at her dad's place now (I have met him and talked to him) was talking to her about getting their own place.

We have been friends for about 5 years, spent a few Christmas' with her family, spent one thanksgiving with them at her request. One day she even asked me to get something from her dad's house for her (She had something to drink and couldn't drive) and gave me her key and asked me to get something out of her bedroom for her... I only say this cause I thought she trusted me... but I guess she wants a clean slate and doesn't want me to know where she lives and move on with her life?

She also happens to owe me money she borrowed about a year ago but I haven't pressed her about paying me back because she's been going through a tough time.

Nope, my girlfriend would be furious if that we the case LOL. I am pretty sure she'd wear my twins as ear rings LOL.

Nah, she only owes me $345 and I am not in a rush to have her pay me back... Her mom even offered to pay it back for her but I turned her down, it's not her debt and plus it's only $345. I am not hurting for money right now, especially that much. I am surprised I let her borrow that much.

If every time you press button A, B pops up, and you don't like B, then stop pressing button A.

If she's squirmy about her choice to move in with the BF, then she's cutting you off before you can wander into territory that would extract that from her. So I'd just back off of the subject.

She may feel that her (and her bf's) living arrangements and plans are not your business because of her boundaries. It seems you are way too involved in her personal life as though you wish to be more than friends.

her boyfriend was talking her into getting a place for them to live. I have a feeling her boyfriend doesn't want her to have me come over.

Her exhusband and her used to have me over all the time when I was single. I would house sit for them when they would go somewhere for days, to watch their dogs. She was sick one night and had to rush to the ER and she called me up and asked if I could watch the house over night for them. A few times we used to eat at her house. Now suddenly she seems to only contact me when she wants something.

She is also acting weird in that she says she found a place she will be moving to, but is also searching for a job cause hers is closing in a couple weeks. She is already stressed out with the job she has and paying all the bills where she lives now (with her boyfriend, father and brother). I agree with my girlfriend she isn't gonna have much luck buying a place like she wants to cause she will be paying all the bills, having to find a job and work all the time.

We have since decided to cut our ties and stop contacting this person a few days ago. Not sure when/if she will ever contact us. but we will not be the ones to initiate it. She wants her space evidently and all that jazz... we will stay out of it and let her be. Hate losing a friend but it is what it is.

Archived