Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I need advise.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8

    I need advise.

    ** I donít know where else to put this and I apologize if this is the wrong spot**

    Okay. So here it goes.
    Iím 20 years old and Iíve been with my girlfriend for like 4 years. Weíve got a kid together sheís 14 months old. I moved over 600 miles to be with her. So Iím over 600 miles from my family. Weíre currently living with her grandmother, my girls brother lives here too. Weíre trying to get out on our own, but itís been extremely hard. I need a job but I canít get a job due to family issues, her aunt and cousin come around and start fights last time it got bad, I canít come rushing home from work to pick my girl up and get her away from it. So unless I work extremely close and Iím talking like under 5 minutes Iím unable to get a job. The two closest gas stations are not hiring, and I just have no idea what to do. If I ever figure out a steady income and weíre able to move out weíve gotta bring her grandma because sheís getting older, she canít drive, sheís got like 4 dogs so we wouldnít be able to get an apartment. And if we take her grandma with her brother is gonna want to come with because ďheís not ready to live with his girlfriend yetĒ he causes drama himself but thereís nothing we can do about that because he lives here. Anyway. Iím looking for suggestions. Any at all. Thanks for reading.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member kbbcoop77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,167
    Move back closer to your family with your gf and daughter. Her family is not helping you in the slightest, theyíre bringing you down. Youíre not responsible for them. Theyíre responsible for their own lives. You need to get out of that situation, man up and get a job and support your family.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,747
    Gender
    Male
    This is a ridiculous situation. Why can't your girlfriend just leave when your aunt and cousin come over and avoid fights? Take the baby for a walk or a drive. You need to get a job, move out, and leave her family where they are. You've got a kid to take care of. KB's suggestion is a good one. Move back to where your family is.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member catfeeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    22,371
    Gender
    Female
    In this age of Uber, Lyft and bicycles, what, exactly, is your reason for not getting a job?

  5.  

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    In this age of Uber, Lyft and bicycles, what, exactly, is your reason for not getting a job?
    I live in the middle of nowhere in Alabama. We donít have Uber or Lyft. And my car has 214k miles on it. I donít think a job where I drive all over town is a good idea.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8
    Originally Posted by DanZee
    This is a ridiculous situation. Why can't your girlfriend just leave when your aunt and cousin come over and avoid fights? Take the baby for a walk or a drive. You need to get a job, move out, and leave her family where they are. You've got a kid to take care of. KB's suggestion is a good one. Move back to where your family is.
    Iím the only one with a license and a car, if Iím at work she canít take the baby for a drive, and walking isnít an option theyíll just follow her.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8
    Originally Posted by kbbcoop77
    Move back closer to your family with your gf and daughter. Her family is not helping you in the slightest, theyíre bringing you down. Youíre not responsible for them. Theyíre responsible for their own lives. You need to get out of that situation, man up and get a job and support your family.
    Itís not as easy as ďmove back up with my familyĒ I understand that Iím not responsible for them, but they start fights when we havenít even done anything. If we tried to up and leave over 600 miles away thereís really gonna be a huge fight. Iím not trying to shoot down everyoneís suggestions but weíve already thought about this one.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member itsallgrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,360
    How are you currently supporting yourselves and the baby? Why did you two choose to live at her grandmas - does she help with the child care?

  10. #9
    Platinum Member kbbcoop77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,167
    Originally Posted by NickDalton
    Itís not as easy as ďmove back up with my familyĒ I understand that Iím not responsible for them, but they start fights when we havenít even done anything. If we tried to up and leave over 600 miles away thereís really gonna be a huge fight. Iím not trying to shoot down everyoneís suggestions but weíve already thought about this one.
    It IS that easy. You need to get away from her family.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator HeartGoesOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,794
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by NickDalton
    I live in the middle of nowhere in Alabama. We donít have Uber or Lyft. And my car has 214k miles on it. I donít think a job where I drive all over town is a good idea.
    How were you planning on supporting this baby when you chose to live in the middle of nowhere? Not to sound harsh, but if you're responsible enough to make a baby, you should be responsible enough to have a job and put a roof over your head.

    You can find a way, or you can find an excuse...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •