My co worker feels the need to watch my diet?

So I never get in anyone's business, but my co worker feels the need to point out how unhealthy my diet is (like eating too much chocolate, caffeine sugar drinks etc). The ironic thing is that I am a lot skinnier (co workers always comment how skinny I am) then she is and people actually mistake her for being pregnant. When there is a pot luck, she stuffs herself and complains she overeats. What gives? Btw I absolutely hate when someone I barely know comments on my weight (good or bad), my dad always talked about me becoming morbidly obese in the near future despite me never having issues w/my weight.

A couple things.

1. If you don’t want people commenting on your weight and diet, make it a habit to not do that yourself.

2. Skinny doesn’t mean you’re healthy.

3. But that doesn’t mean anyone should comment on that. Have you said anything back? I would reply something like “I don’t see how what I eat is any of your business”

A couple things.

1. If you don’t want people commenting on your weight and diet, make it a habit to not do that yourself.

3. But that doesn’t mean anyone should comment on that. Have you said anything back? I would reply something like “I don’t see how what I eat is any of your business”

I never comment on anyone's weight or diet, I don't care as it isn't my business. I'm not confrontational though and I hate the thought of causing issues t work.

It's nobody's business what you eat. This would annoy the daylights out of me. Watch your own damn plate. Jeez, some people.

Sorry this happens. Eat whatever, and however much, you want.

It's also nobody's business if you're skinny, if you're healthy, or if you're morbidly obese. Absolutely nobody's.

It's nobody's business what you eat. This would annoy the daylights out of me. Watch your own damn plate. Jeez, some people.

Sorry this happens. Eat whatever, and however much, you want.

It's also nobody's business if you're skinny, if you're healthy, or if you're morbidly obese. Absolutely nobody's.

Something fun to say next time she comments: "I try to eat as much chocolate and chips as I can, but I still can't gain weight! How do you do it?"

A couple things.

I like #3! My guess is she's jealous of how thin you are. As someone who's a bit overweight, I could see that being her thought process.

I would ask her point-blank why she pays so much attention to what you eat. Wait for her to respond. She likely will get the the message.

If not and if she continues, I would remind her that unless she would like a running commentary on what she eats, she needs to keep her comments to herself.

I think Miss Manners would advise the following:

When she comments about what you're eating say:

"Thank you for your concern. I'm concerned about what you eat too."

See if she bothers you again. If she does, just keep repeating that mantra.

A lot of people project their neuroses onto others. Just ignore them. There will always be the people who want to blab about the latest fads and trends etc. It's not about you. Just change the subject or say thanks or just smile and walk away.

my co worker feels the need to point out how unhealthy my diet is (like eating too much chocolate, caffeine sugar drinks etc).

There are always a few of these in every workplace, aren't they? They are clearly unhappy with their own bodies, and project it on the ones who do look the way they wish they did.

They will never accept that not only the remarks towards heavier people are wrong, but those towards skinny ones as well.

I like some of the suggestions above, I know you said you are a non-confrontational person, but sometimes you do have to say something, even better if it's something that hits home for them, while keeping it very polite and pleasant (with a smile on your face). Unless they feel the sting themselves, they will never *get it* and they will never stop making those comments.

She is the one who complains about her weight and was telling us how people think she is pregnant....

No, youre making excuses. You are doing on here the very same thing she did to you. Don’t expect people to treat YOU better than you treat THEM - even behind their back.

Why do you even care? This kind of stuff should be in one ear and out the other. Like literally who cares what she thinks or says about it.

If she gets in your face lecturing you, I mean ... she does have a point about some things....but if you don't want to listen, you can always just laugh and say "I'm aiming to die young and happy and chocolate makes me insanely happy." Every time she starts up with whatever lecture about how unhealthy something is, just repeat the same. She will quit.

You don't need to be confrontational, you can keep it light and get your point across in terms of ending the lecture in a friendly but dismissive kind of way.

I would just tell her it isn't her business and you don't appreciate her comments.

If it happens again go to HR and complain that she is harassing you by food shaming you.

If it happens again report it again. Until it stops or eventually take it higher up.

Yep, this. What she is doing IS harassment.

Lol....she sounds jealous but is using snarky remarks and sarcasm to make her point. Actually....next time you're eating in her presence and she comments, look her dead in the face....then shove a huge piece of food in your mouth and keep staring at her. Then rub your belly and moan loudly. Lol.....then say, 'damn it's good to eat what I want and still look this damn hot'......LOL! Sorry that's what I would do...

My mother is very thin and has been for many years (and prior to that she was slim, but not skinny) and she says it's unfair how people feel comfortable commenting on her weight when it's not appropriate to comment about people who are overweight. I would change the topic, neutrally. If that doesn't work say "thanks for your concern - how about if I need your input on my diet I'll ask you, ok?"

Archived