What do you guys think...

bsmith535353

Okay, how do you think it's going?

I met this girl through a professional matchmaker...

Date 1: We met at a restaurant on Thursday and hit it off. We have a lot in common, she laughed at my jokes, we made eye contact the entire time. At the end she asked if I wanted to do this again sometime and complemented my (classic car). I said of course. She shook my hand. By the time I got home she had texted to say she had a lovely time. I texted her back and we scheduled date two for the next Tuesday. We were supposed to wait until the matchmaker scheduled the next date but didn't.

We texted once a day between dates, either I'd text her or she would text me. Mostly, but not always it was me texting her.

Date 2: We met at a movie theater and saw a movie. Half way through the date I took her hand and she put her head on my shoulder and kept it there through the credits. At the end of the night she said she was going to kiss me on the cheek and did. I asked if she wanted to go out for date "two" (scheduled by the matchmaker for that Thursday) and she said she'd love to. I took her somewhere very nice (like $100+ meal nice) and we got "dressed up" and she complimented my shoes. She texts about 10 minutes after the date to say she had a lovely time and that I was a wonderful movie companion.

We texted that Wednesday and she initiated texting as well. I ask if she minds if I pick her up and she sends me her address.

Date 3: We went out and had an amazing time. She complimented my shoes. Walking to the car I took her hand and we held hands all the way to the car. On the way back to her place we got on the subject of Disney and she mentioned that she is going to Disney World in August and that she might bring something back for me. I drop her off, she kiss me on the cheek and I ask her out for Tuesday. She says sure. So I come up with ideas and surprise her. She texts to say she had an amazing time and is looking forward to Tuesday.

We texted between the dates and it was all initiated by me. We didn't text Saturday and Sunday morning I texted to ask how her day was going. She didn't respond until I texted her that evening. She apologizes for not texting back and says her weekend was crazy. We got into a conversation and it ended naturally. Same as Monday, conversation initiated by me through text.

Date 4: She gets in my car and asks "How was your week? although we did talk." We went out and had an amazing time at dinner and a board game cafe. At the board game cafe at one point she says I remind her of a friend I should meet sometime and at another point I make a joke about myself and she responds (jokingly) "not if you want this relationship to work." On the way back from and to the car we held hands. Both times initiated by her. On the way back to the car she put her arm around me. In the car I put on my gloves and they sort of have a few holes in the fingers on the right hand. It was cold out and she took my hand and held it and warmed it with her breath for a minute. I drop her off and she kisses my cheek. Twice during the date she made sure I knew her work schedule and that it will be changing in July (to what she didn't know). So, before getting out of the car she kisses me on the cheek. I ask her out for Thursday and she says she might be busy and will let me know, then remembers that her family is doing Easter since she worked on Easter. So, I ask about Tuesday and she says sure. Before I get home she texts to say she had a lovely time and is looking forward to Tuesday.

Wednesday, no texts between us. Most of her texts have exclamation points and ^_^ in them.

So, how does it sound like it's going? Is the decreasing amount of texts a sign of anything? Or could it be that she just isn't a texter?

She may not be a texter or she's busy. On my phone, sometimes it doesn't buzz, or I don't hear it when a text comes in. I'll put it down and forget to look at it for an hour or two. And I don't answer every text from my wife even when I hear it. On ENA, some of the people who post here would be absolutely breaking up with me because I didn't answer all of their texts within 2 minutes. Why don't you try calling her? You know,, where you actually talk into the phone and words come out of the little speaker in reply. Nothing like a good phone conversation for an hour every day.

Omg you must be smitten with her if you are worried about missing texting for a day... I don’t even know how you could wonder if it’s going well, since to me it’s pretty glaringly obvious that it is [emoji38]

It’s totally natural for the texting to fall off in the beginning, constant texts are too hard to maintain. She is probably just living her life and taking time to reflect on how she feels about you.

Stay cool [emoji41]

Sounds like all is good. Also sounds like you are very excited and need to relax a little bit. Don't push so much with so many dates and constant texting. Relax. Too much too soon too fast can burn things out. Breathe, relax, and remember that you both still have a life, jobs, friends, and other obligation you shouldn't abandon.

Date 4 and you haven't made a move to kiss her proper??? She's been giving you the heads up to do so every time she kissed you on the cheek. If you don't make a move with confidence to kiss her, you are going to lose her.....she is going to wonder what's wrong with her, is she not desirable enough for a man to be a man?

Date 4 and you haven't made a move to kiss her proper??? She's been giving you the heads up to do so every time she kissed you on the cheek. If you don't make a move with confidence to kiss her, you are going to lose her.....she is going to wonder what's wrong with her, is she not desirable enough for a man to be a man?

This is very true. I just had a second date and she kissed me first on the cheek. I then kissed her on her lips to show my interest. You sound like you like her and she likes you, just go for broke

It sounds like it's going great, but date 4 and you haven't kissed her yet and she has to initiate hand holding and affection? It's time to step up! It seems to me she's giving you the green light.

Communication naturally drops a little. You just can't maintain a high level of communication all day, every day. Maybe you can talk to her about her communication style, texting, etc., to get a better feel on the situation. If she thinks you're low interest, given you don't seem physically attracted to her, she might not be wanting to text too much and is trying not to get too invested...one date at a time. She waits on you to reach out first, since that's really the only indication she has right now that you're interested in her for another date.

At the end of the day, she seems very interested and makes a point of reaching out after the date to let you know she enjoyed spending time with you.

Archived