My job is ending

Jetta

Got word today that my boss is told to be out by May 1st. So that gives me a couple weeks to find something else, hopefully. I applied to about 4 jobs this afternoon. I'm meeting with my case manager and job coach April 10th. I found this job on my own hoping I get lucky again. Now at least I don't have to quit because I really didn't like working for him. He doesn't explain things well, which of course is why he's being booted out.

He has dementia or something. He's really gotten worse lately. It used to just be a few words he'd mess up. I found out though he did pass the driving test he has a restricted license. He's only allowed to drive 30 miles from home. So he's really not doing well and I have about 2 weeks of work left. Glad I have disability to fall back on and mom right now. I just have to exit gracefully now.

Good Luck Jetta. The trick is to keep moving and look for a new job like it is your job!! I have been laid off several times and I have always looked at it as an opportunity to improve my situation and learn a new skill. The last lay-off I experienced, I started looking immediately - posted through social media that I was in the market, updated my linked in that day and went all open! I actually was in a good job market and ended up turning down four job offers (two from same company) and that felt fantastic!!! I had a great job within 6 weeks with better pay, benefits and a 45 minute shorter commute! Hopefully you will have just as good a turn!! Good Luck..

Glad to hear that you recognize the mixed blessing. If you don't find a job before this ends, ask your case worker whether applying for unemployment can benefit you in any way, such as maybe a larger check for 13 or 26 weeks or more disability money remaining untapped in your account should you need to draw it later.

Fingers crossed for you finding a great job that you'll love.

Head high, and hug your Mom.

Archived