A quick question about liking FB post from ex bf

SueJohnson

My ex bf and I broke up about a month ago. Since then, we have had a few emails back and forth ending up with me telling him that I am letting him go and that I won't contact him again. I unfriended him on FB and all of my posts have Friends only security setting except one, which I set to public. So, in order for him to access my profile and to like that post, he would have to search for my profile before he can like it. I don't want to change the security setting on that post now because I do not want him to think that it bothers me. But why is he going through all that trouble just to like one post?

I suspected that much. How can I send a clear message to him, without directly communicating with him, that I do not want him to do it anymore. Oh, all if my other posts are Friends only setting, so he won't be able to do that anymore. I guess I just answered my question:-)

I suspected that much. How can I send a clear message to him, without directly communicating with him, that I do not want him to do it anymore. Oh, all if my other posts are Friends only setting, so he won't be able to do that anymore. I guess I just answered my question:-)

Just don't respond to it in any way, shape or form.

Just because he's checking up on you doesn't mean that anything has changed. People don't like getting rejected, they take it very personally

If anything, he might have been casually checking up on you and liked it just to get a rise out of you. "You made this public? Was that so I'd see it?"

If you're really done with him, why would it bother you? Maybe he knew it would, and got a kick out of it for that reason. I had an ex do something similar and I didn't bat an eyelash

How can I send a clear message to him, without directly communicating with him, that I do not want him to do it anymore.

Well, the easiest way to do this would be to block him. No doubt about it, that sends a really clear message about where he stands

Just because he's checking up on you doesn't mean that anything has changed. People don't like getting rejected, they take it very personally

If anything, he might have been casually checking up on you and liked it just to get a rise out of you. "You made this public? Was that so I'd see it?"

If you're really done with him, why would it bother you? Maybe he knew it would, and got a kick out of it for that reason. I had an ex do something similar and I didn't bat an eyelash

Well, the easiest way to do this would be to block him. No doubt about it, that sends a really clear message about where he stands

Agreed! I unfriended, blocked, unblocked, re-blocked, and re-unblocked. I was a ball of emotions. I am going to just ignore him and not put any more posts with public settings anymore. I am sure being ignored is driving him nuts. He is not used to that. All of his exes are back up girls at his beck and call.

I am going to just ignore him and not put any more posts with public settings anymore.

My ex (I de-friended X) has put a few likes on photos mutual FB friends put up of me, and on status updates I am tagged in.

Doesn't mean much, its an effortless thing to do. You ask yourself why? Is X doing this to try and stay in my head? Is X doing it because I am still in her head - I would seriously doubt that. Because she is seeing someone else.

The correct answer is - How the f*** should I know? The only way to know would be to ask the X , and you don't break no contact to do that.

As all I can say from personal experience is that after more than 2 months out , I have stopped caring about this stuff, and reading too much into it.

My ex (I de-friended X) has put a few likes on photos mutual FB friends put up of me, and on status updates I am tagged in.

Doesn't mean much, its an effortless thing to do. You ask yourself why? Is X doing this to try and stay in my head? Is X doing it because I am still in her head - I would seriously doubt that. Because she is seeing someone else.

The correct answer is - How the f*** should I know? The only way to know would be to ask the X , and you don't break no contact to do that.

As all I can say from personal experience is that after more than 2 months out , I have stopped caring about this stuff, and reading too much into it.

I guess I can just ask him point blank why did he do it? But I am afraid he won't be honest about it so I have not. But you are right, it is relatively an effortless thing to do to satisfy his curiosity and at the same time, bewilders

me.

Bolt- no, no more contact on my part to him.

Now you're considering contacting him to ask why he "liked" your post?

I think it's important to be honest with yourself. Did seeing that "like" get you kind of giddy, thinking maybe he wants you back? Are you hoping he wants you back?

Now you're considering contacting him to ask why he "liked" your post?

I think it's important to be honest with yourself. Did seeing that "like" get you kind of giddy, thinking maybe he wants you back? Are you hoping he wants you back?

Bolt- no, I actually am on a mission. My mission is dishing out breadcrumbs for him, one piece at a time. I will make another post public and see ifhe is going to devour it like a hungry puppy. I am turning the table on him now.

Bolt- no, I actually am on a mission. My mission is dishing out breadcrumbs for him, one piece at a time. I will make another post public and see ifhe is going to devour it like a hungry puppy. I am turning the table on him now.

Why?

What's the point of that?

I don't try to get my ex's attention or stick it to him because I do not care about him. I don't want to hurt him because I can't be bothered to care.

My guess is, you want to hurt him because you are still hurt. And if you're still hurt, that means you still have feelings for him.

Now you're going to be watching your posts like a hawk, hoping and hoping he "likes" them. And if he doesn't? Will you be disappointed?

I just can't see why you'd bother.

Sounds like a lot of game playing. To what purpose? What happened to: ..."Bolt- no, no more contact on my part to him." ?

Omg I might seem like a weirdo here but I absolutely LOVE that you are willing to admit your humanness with this! Of course it’s totally gamey and passive aggressive and I see you get that. The fact is, you are voicing out loud what so many of the people going through breakups are secretly thinking of doing, or have already done.

I obsess about my exes on social media as part of the process of breaking up... and I always have urges like yours to do dumb things to catch their attention. I have learned not to act on them and to just talk about them instead because it takes the power away.

OP, leave those silly games to highschool kids.

Don't let your ego get in the way of your good sense and emotional well-being.

Stop inviting him into your life. Stop trying to get him back by leaving the door open. If he wanted to get back together, you would know definitively, not be guessing what fb likes could mean. Block and delete him from all social media and all messaging platforms.

I don't want to change the security setting on that post now because I do not want him to think that it bothers me. But why is he going through all that trouble just to like one post?

Archived