Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Relationship Break

You don't need to. It's the postal service's responsibility to know that and forward it.
    Originally Posted by jimdandy
    I don't know her forwarding address though so I was wondering if I should contact her so she can decide what to do with it

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    You don't need to. It's the postal service's responsibility to know that and forward it.
    and if she didn't take the time to fill out a forwarding address request, it's not the first thing she'll be missing and not the last.
    That's her responsibility.

I notified her of the post anyway, thought it was the decent thing to do. She messaged me her new address and thanked me when the post arrived, all very cordial. I don't regret doing it, I'd think it kinda puerile if I didn't. I have to say though that I miss her dearly. It's been over 4 months since the breakup, we've only communicated twice briefly in the interim. All in all, I'd love to have her back. I know I should keep with the NC but I just wonder what she's up to, how she feels. She might even feel the same, who knows, but she's always been stubborn. So I might never find out. I'll keep up the NC and trying to move on but man it's not easy.

Should I contact her?

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm recovering from a break-up as well and empathize. However, I feel that you might need to engage in therapy to explore your harmful patterns of treating your girlfriend while in the relationship. If you've put in the work, and let enough time pass, there probably isn't harm in reaching out to her in a while. Just don't be surprised if she's moved on.

First Christmas without her and first Christmas alone in 5 years. They say time's a healer but this seems to be taking forever. 6 months since the breakup and it feels like my life has been on hold ever since. What will 2019 bring? I'll keep going but the colour has drained from my life since she left.

Hope everyone's having a good Christmas. I was down with the family and just got back up today. She texted me on Christmas Day, wished a happy one to me and my family and mentioned the happy memories she had of previous years spent there with me. I thanked her and wished her and hers all the best for 2019. She responded wishing the same for me. It was nice of her and I'm taking it for what it was - a text. It did set me back a bit for the day but I got over it with a few drinks. I just wonder if she still holds a flame for me... She might be thinking the same at the other end and is worried about reaching out in case I'm spoken for now. She may well be spoken for now, on the other hand. I suppose I should just knuckle down now and move on to 2019 - I am the dumpee and the ball's in her court if she ever harboured any thoughts of a reconciliation, right?

why don't you just genuinelly tell her how you feel??
    Originally Posted by jimdandy
    Hope everyone's having a good Christmas. I was down with the family and just got back up today. She texted me on Christmas Day, wished a happy one to me and my family and mentioned the happy memories she had of previous years spent there with me. I thanked her and wished her and hers all the best for 2019. She responded wishing the same for me. It was nice of her and I'm taking it for what it was - a text. It did set me back a bit for the day but I got over it with a few drinks. I just wonder if she still holds a flame for me... She might be thinking the same at the other end and is worried about reaching out in case I'm spoken for now. She may well be spoken for now, on the other hand. I suppose I should just knuckle down now and move on to 2019 - I am the dumpee and the ball's in her court if she ever harboured any thoughts of a reconciliation, right?

Originally Posted by lost0411
    why don't you just genuinelly tell her how you feel??
    Fear of rejection, I suppose. Also the fact that coming back begging after being dumped is probably not the best move in terms of attraction as opposed to appearing to have moved on independently and confidently in her eyes.

Happy New Year to all the great folk on this site and all the best for 2019!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice