I give her flowers too soon and now its awkward

Ethan20

Hello

I met a girl 24(she beautiful and she know it and she immature in some way, and she Shy ) that work next to my store

we talking to each other and flirting too...she ask about my life and she really look up to me and dmire me (her friend told me that) I take her lunch one time and she reply to my act, for example I give something small like snickers bar, and day after she do the same, or she buy something new and she come to show me..and general she try to talk with me a lot and she Laughing from my bad jokes

We still not have each other number, and i want to know her more and i felt that there is something here, and I decide to send her flowers with my puzzle about my name and my phone number, but the deliver guy told her my name...she get angry and Stress from the flower and she put them on the floor...beacose 2 reasons, her ex was cheating on her and used to give her flowers after he was with anothet girl and second she feel like ''another one who want me''....

in general the girl try to be sarcastic cos she still carry pain from the ex

After 2 days I ask her about the flowers and she lie and said ''that was flirting but i have boy friend'' and since then (month half ago) we dont tal, in the beginning I was going next to her to show that cool, but she was awkward and not even look my eyes, now we dont talk and im not going around her place but she stare at me sometime, and when I look back she take the eyes down

Now, I know my ''game'' was bad here and the flowers was super wrong act, but I still like her and I want to talk with her again, cos I really value her as person too....

So what I need to do? To ignore cos she in phase in life that good guys are not attracted

Or try to explain my self and tell her that I still want to talk with her, and how to do it....

I dont like at all the ignore stuff

Thank you

She lie about the fact that the flowers was flirting although I know its make her nervous...I dont want her as girlfriend...im look for advice how to just talk with her again, make the ignored stop...cos we kind had very nice talking and we value each other..I just want stop the awkward between us

Once you make a choice to do what you did you have to accept that the recipient might be really sensitive about that happening based on her past. So it's within the realm that she might not want to talk to you now. I'd be at least creeped out if not scared if that happened to me. Also given what you did she probably is concerned about having a friendship because her boyfriend might wonder why she is interacting with you as more than just friendly acquaintances given what happened. It's a live and learn moment.

I don't think you gave her flowers too soon. The way you went about giving her flowers was the issue - friends give each other flowers too -and if you'd met for lunch and given her a bouquet to take back to her store and share with coworkers that would have been fine. You didn't want to give her flowers -you used the flowers to make a statement and play a game, try to get a reaction.

Thank you batya33

First i didn't know about the ex only after I gave her...

I know the flowers was bad game, but im asking if its OK to apologized about that to her cos its affect her bad, and I still want to talk with her friendly...there is option to make it at least friend zone...be a man and say something like...'' I know the flowers make you uncomfortable and sorry about the fact that its make the situation like now that we dont talk, and I really value you as person and its will be nice to open a new page....''

Cos I know she value me as a person as well

Thank you for the answer

so what you said, that person who like to talk with me and like me as a person and the opposite, we cant talk anymore beacose of my mistake? There is no way to fix things? And the fact that she still stare at me , dont say nothing?

You did nothing wrong in giving he the flowers. Her reaction was very defensive. Who knows why. But you need to back off and just be a friend.

Next time you see her, just tell her they are only flowers. Request friendship. Pursue nothing else.

If she doesn't even want that? Move on.

Thank you batya33

First i didn't know about the ex only after I gave her...

I know the flowers was bad game, but im asking if its OK to apologized about that to her cos its affect her bad, and I still want to talk with her friendly...there is option to make it at least friend zone...be a man and say something like...'' I know the flowers make you uncomfortable and sorry about the fact that its make the situation like now that we dont talk, and I really value you as person and its will be nice to open a new page....''

Cos I know she value me as a person as well

I would apologize with no qualifications. I would add a few words at the end that says "of course it would be great to keep in touch and I will leave that completely up to you under the circumstances". It's up to her to want to "open a new page" and give you another chance and there shouldn't be any suggestion in your e-mail that is different from leaving it totally in her court.

I don't think there's anything to apologize about. She was enjoying your attention and interest, until you made a move that forced her to acknowledge it. She was never really interested and you can now stop wasting your time pretending you want to be her friend when it's so clear it was never about that.

Just be normal and civil around her, go about your life as normal. Ignore her over reaction, it's not about you anyways.

If you act as though you've moved on and have let it go, and actually do- you should- she'll eventually drop the weird act. Either way, just let it and her go already.

I don't think there's anything to apologize about. She was enjoying your attention and interest, until you made a move that forced her to acknowledge it. She was never really interested and you can now stop wasting your time pretending you want to be her friend when it's so clear it was never about that.

Just be normal and civil around her, go about your life as normal. Ignore her over reaction, it's not about you anyways.

If you act as though you've moved on and have let it go, and actually do- you should- she'll eventually drop the weird act. Either way, just let it and her go already.

Yes, exactly.

She enjoyed your attention and flirty banter, but when you actually tried to take it a bit further, she shut it right down. That tells you all you need to know, OP. It wasn't because of the flowers; it's because she never intended to date you.

Assume that she does have a boyfriend and just drop the whole thing.

If she's ignoring you, I wouldn't bother trying to make amends.

I thought what you did was a thoughtful gesture, OP (the flowers).

I don't see anything wrong with what you did, at all!

If she's upset about it, I'd leave her be and carry on.

Give her space and do your own thing.

If she wants to speak with you, she can approach you.

Thank you guys for all the answer, I really Appreciate that....but I still not understand few things

1. Lets say she just flirting with me to get my attention, but why to do Gestures?! For example to wait to the end of the day to give me the last chocolate in her bag or to ask about my life, my last name , to remeber all the think I said, to come and ask why I eat and not seat, Laughing to much when im say something, to show me new stuff that is buy...thinks that is more then just flirting, is to care

2. Her friend told me that she look up for me admire me, like role mode...she used call me dad for sarcastic, cos i was like very mature and grow man to her, someone is role modle...maybe that why she get panic from the flowers and the fact I want her?

3. And last thinking after the flowers, she just was shy around me (not ignore) and until today(month and half later) I see her stare at me and move the eyes quiek to the side

Again thank you

Thank you guys for all the answer, I really Appreciate that....but I still not understand few things

1. Lets say she just flirting with me to get my attention, but why to do Gestures?! For example to wait to the end of the day to give me the last chocolate in her bag or to ask about my life, my last name , to remeber all the think I said, to come and ask why I eat and not seat, Laughing to much when im say something, to show me new stuff that is buy...thinks that is more then just flirting, is to care

2. Her friend told me that she look up for me admire me, like role mode...she used call me dad, cos i was like very mature and grow man to her, someone is role modle...maybe that why she get panic from the flowers and the fact I want her?

3. And last thinking after the flowers, she just was shy around me (not ignore) and until today(month and half later) I see her stare at me and move the eyes quiek to the side

Again thank you

She called you dad?

Archived