Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you hurt someone

I was at a doctors appointment and in my file I had records of a previous unfinished aspbergers diagnose from when I was a kid - we had a screening and he saw the symptoms, I will re-visit for a full evaluation next week.

Iv'e never said "i love you" to someone, i never had a relationship and I have insecurities. I read what you all say - and all I can do now is to ACCEPT the NC and not hurting this girl anymore, I can't take back my insecurities and my way of handling emotions - what I can do is to promise myself to lay out these insecurities beforehand and work on myself before pursuing anything serious again.

She might hate me for all reasons, she might just be sad. I can't change anything now, i love her as a person and shes kind. I will ONLY give it a chance if she decides to contact me, we both need to heal. I miss her, i haven't broken up before and my actions (in my head) was to be fully honest and stop leading on, it wasn't after 3 month the word "couple" or "where's this going" even came up. I got scared and dealt with my emotions immaturerly.

Gold Member
    Good man Trev.

We all have to learn.

I am trying to, and it seems you are.

The learning process never stops.

I have Aspergers but I donít have problems making a commitment to people so please donít spread misinformation about autism. Itís a communication disorder first and foremost.

I sympathise with anyone who has depression but I donít sympathise with pressuring a woman for sex and then telling her you donít want to be with her. Try to get some help with your mental health. Itís not unusual for Aspies to suffer from depression because we have to try all the time to fit in. I find sertraline very useful to keep myself feeling well. Even if you do have AS itís not an excuse for hurting people. But you should seek a diagnosis if you think you have it because it will help you understand yourself better.

To be clear here, I really liked her - still do - a part of me wanted to try to see where it was going and the other part just wanted to run, I talked to friends and family on what I should do multiple times - i fell in a huge depression mid-way, would it be better to waste another good 1-2 months and then slowly drift away due to my unresolved insecurities? I had a battle with myself - and yes, the timing was horrible. I didn't just run, i stayed in contact 2 weeks after and met up again and explained how I was feeling and offered to be her friend for now and she said she understood but don't wanted to be friends and go NC.

I didn't want this to happen - I was the weaker one in this scenario. This time she wanted and I was unsure. I must be inhuman wanting to advance when all the dates existed of making out for hours, no going out or any activities and it was 3 times. No relationship talk, we weren't there yet. And i'm not laying it all out on any diagnosis but it greatly affects my way of conveing my emotions - I have a hard time reading what people want, if someone says they want a relationship or to be exclusive i get that - but "let's see what happends" doesn't translate to that in my book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice