Boyfriend is literally making me depressed

Betstlo

I feel that my boyfriend has held me back a lot in life. I am still young. I'm 23 and I feel that because of him I have been scared. I finally am standing up to him. He usually got angry when i went out with family or even went and did my hobbies. He got a bit better but it's getting worse because I am finally doing what I want.I am starting dance class because it has always been a passion of mine. When I told him I am signing up for a class, he got so angry. He said 'I get to do nothing because I have no money' and I said it's only $15. And he just started yelling upset that he wants nothing to do with me right now. It makes me sad. I told him I would really like to talk to him about it because it makes me happy. But he kept sighing and being passive aggressive about it. It is in the city, which is 20 minutes away from me and he was freaking out that I'm going to the city for a dance class. I don't understand. Isnt he supposed to be happy for me? He says dance is lame and stupid. Which i think is so disrespectful. I always support him. I always tell him to go out and have some hobbies but all he does is play video games and smoke weed. He is always negative about money. Always. I literally paid for our whole vacation in the summer because he couldnt afford it but then he got mad at me because I wouldn't pitch in money for his weed. I don't even smoke.

So I don't know what his issue is. Now he's not talking to me because of the dance class..... i finally got accepted to a big university and i am SO excited. He says that 'I am gonna ditch him for a college guy who has his life together' and that he 'doesn't esnt me to go to the college because of the guys there'... but I just want to go to school for an education. Not to mess around.He says he wants to leave. I told him to go. He says hs not happy here. And i told him i want him to be happy. He keeps making plans to stay here and finish school but then he will go completely opposite that hes leaving to LA and gonna work there. Its so annoying to be dragged along on this. He has been saying he will go to school for 2 years already. I feel trapped. this summer I made a pact to myself to care for me. I have done enough tiptoeing around him to not make him upset. And I've always had my attention on him. But I feel that its not gonna be easy because of his attitude. He always is negative. He doesn't care about my opinions. He says after life you die and there is no point. I'm the opposite. I want to make the best oUT of my life. Everything we try to break up we cry and change for like 2 weeks and then everything gets messed up again. All the jealousy and insecurity comes back to him. How do I get the strength to leave him? Or any comments on how to help him stop being depressed and pushing it all on me? I honestly wish he would just finally move away and go start somewhere new. Is that bad? I am just so emotionally drained.

I can't figure out why you are still with this guy? he is insecure, manipulative and controlling. He does not want what is best for you, or makes you happy. He is not a positive or supportive presence. This is not the behavior of someone who loves you.

Ditch the dead weight!

I'm with the girls above, why are you still with him? What does he bring to your life that is good? Let him run off to wherever he likes, just don't go with him. Go to college, learn some stuff, find you a guy who has it together and lets you do the things that make you happy and forget about him.

How do I get the strength to leave him? Or any comments on how to help him stop being depressed and pushing it all on me? I honestly wish he would just finally move away and go start somewhere new. Is that bad? I am just so emotionally drained.

No one can help you to stop him from being depressed.

Despite how difficult it may be, leaving may be your best option. It certainly sounds it from here. It is something you need to learn to do in life. You sound like you have a lot figured out. Now just figure out this last bit, and get on with your happy life.

Archived