Okay I need some serious advice.

So partners are supposed to be the ones you can't wait to share things with? Like telling them you want to do an exciting new Degree? Is it normal for them to start shouting saying that if you do it'll obviously be the end of the relationship and accuse you of probably meeting someone else?

Is this normal behaviour or just being selfish with their own feelings? Baring in mind I have said I will not be meeting someone else I just want an education and something to be proud of? So as many of you Uni students know, if I was to do this full time I'd complete my Honours degree in three years, but part time will be taking six years and completed online whereas full time I would be at the actual Uni. I'm doing part time because I'm afraid this guy will go mad at me and constantly accuse me of being up to something which would affect my studying as he was extremely paranoid before.

Can someone seriously help me out, please no nasty, rude or judgemental comments, this has taken me all of my courage to come here and post this as I'm feeling extremely anxious at the moment so please please no horrible comments :( Thank You in advance x

I'm doing part time because I'm afraid this guy will go mad at me and constantly accuse me of being up to something which would affect my studying as he was extremely paranoid before.

This is what cutting off parts of yourself fit in the increasingly small box your partner wants you to be in looks like. A good partner wouldn’t ask this of you

He is an insecure, small, controlling individual. He is fearful that you will expose yourself to new things and see how little he has to offer, in a multitude of ways.

A partner should support, not hold you back. Why are you with someone like this?

You're being emotionally abused. Your bf uses senseless arguments with you to keep you passive, to do what he wants, to turn you into someone who won't question him when cheats on you. I'm sure you have even more examples of his abuse. If you don't want this guy running your life and telling you when to go to the bathroom, you need to get away from him. If this is the same guy from 6 months ago, then you didn't follow folks' advice back them. This is not love, it's abuse.

No it's not normal. End things with anyone who is possessive, controlling and/or abusive. It's that simple.

Is it normal for them to start shouting saying that if you do it'll obviously be the end of the relationship and accuse you of probably meeting someone else?

It is actually pretty normal.

People who are extremely insecure to a huge fault are like this.

He is afraid to ever let you improve yourself because he thinks you will be better than him and that is unacceptable.

He will likely always try to emotionally beat you down any and every time you ever try to work on yourself.

He sounds like a controlling, bullying, tantrum throwing child who never grew up. It is scary how normal that actually is...

Is it normal for them to start shouting saying that if you do it'll obviously be the end of the relationship and accuse you of probably meeting someone else?

Nope. It's not only abnormal, it's dangerous. I'd avoid fighting and get myself as far away from this guy as possible.

• 1 month later...

Archived