Should I Be Mad or Is this Acceptable Behavior?

han123

I was friends with my boyfriend before we started dating last spring. About a month before we started dating, he joked on his birthday that all he wanted was a nude from this girl in his college program named Morgan. He commented on how much he had wanted to hook up with this girl, but that she always invited him over to her place, would get close to hooking up with him, and then wouldn't. I had a crush on him at the time and didn't tell him, but I wanted to know who this girl was, so I looked her up on social media. She's this stunning blonde girl with the body of a playboy model, and I noticed that the two of them would comment on each other's photos and he would like her photos, etc. I dropped the idea of starting anything with him because I thought he was involved with this girl. Later, we went to a sorority dance together as friends and really hit it off. We started dating, and he moved back home for the summer. I would always take note of when he would like her photos and they would comment on each other's posts in my head, but didn't feel like I had the place to say anything to him about it because we weren't official. He comes back to my hometown for my birthday over the summer, we decide it's official, and then he studies abroad in rome for a semester, but he's been back for about 5 months.

Flash forward to now and I've never been happier in a relationship and have never felt safer. However, yesterday I see on his phone that he had been texting this Morgan girl the day before. I finally ask him about her, and told him everything I remembered him saying about her, and he told me there was nothing going on. He said she had sent him nudes at one point, but they never did anything with each other. I got upset that he still talked to her and he said that he barely talked to her and never sees her and that she knows he had a girlfriend. I asked how she knew that and he said she would text him while he was in Rome, asking about his break plans, and he told her I was coming to visit him. Then he said that she sends him texts sometimes asking about advice on projects for school, and he showed me. She would send him texts with smiley faces and send photos of her projects, and he would reply in paragraphs, but I didn't have the time to read what he said.

Should I be so upset that he still talks to her? He has seen her naked, I know they wanted to have sex with each other at one point, but he claims that he only helps her with school. I don't think he would ever cheat on me, but I still feel like he hid this girl from me. What should I do?

No, Han. Just relax and breathe. He is your boyfriend. He let you read the text which you probably shouldn't have done.. you should have said, i trust you and turned away. But, that is polly anna me! I am a cheaters wet dream! I believe everything everybody says! lol. I don't care i like me for that. But anyway... I would use it as an opportunity to openly discuss the relationship rules if you will. I mean you can ask him if it is acceptable to text men within the relationship? I don't mean as a means to escalate an argument but, how would he feel if you were texting someone you used to crush on? I wouldn't make a big deal of it though because insecurity is very unattractive.

Hid what from you exactly? Does he tell you everyone he talks to and if not, is that considered hiding?

I think you need to let this one go. It sounds like he's been very up front with you about her and because she is pretty you might think he'd be tempted.

You say you trust him but at the same time you are checking his phone?

If you don't trust him then end it. But don't torture the two of you needlessly.

If you do, then you need to act like it.

Well, I for one think it to be inappropriate to be corresponding with someone he had a crush on, wanted to see nude and she accommodated that "wish." Continuing to talk to her is how emotional affairs are formed. Even people with the best intentions of not taking a friendship too far have fallen into that emotional trap with less fuel being added to the fire.

I would be telling him how him continuing to talk to someone he wanted to bone and who sent him nudes made me feel and about what he is doing may lead to him sliding down a slippery slope to an emotional affair and then I'd let him think about whether or not his contact with her was more important then my sensibilities.

Archived