Advice for first trip with boyfriend

blondiemwuah

I’ve been seeing this guy for 5-ish months now and we’re going on a trip together, 4 nights. I’ve never spent an extended period of time with him. I’ve never even slept over until the next morning. While I’m feeling excited for the trip I’m also really anxious as to what it will be like.

Like what happens when I have to go to the bathroom? I already turn the faucet on so he won’t hear me peeing but what happens when I have to go #2? I feel so awkward even typing that. I know it’s a normal human function and that everybody does it but I’m not willing to accept that I can’t hide it from my boyfriend. I’ll never be the person who can burp, fart, or go #2 around my boyfriend - no matter how comfortable I get.

Also, I’m really serious about my skincare regime and I can’t go to sleep without doing it. But I don’t want him to see me with my hair in a bun and my face all shiny after I take my makeup off and put on my serums and moisturizer and eye cream.

I guess I’m just concerned about him seeing someone other than the girl who doesn’t go to the bathroom, isn’t made up and doesn’t eat snacks at night. I know that these are things people get more comfortable with the longer they’re together and I’ll get there someday but now isn’t the time, it’s too soon.

So can anybody give me some advice/tricks?

I’ve thought of waiting until we’re not at the hotel to go to the bathroom or waking up early to put on mascara and brush my teeth.

I know your fear. My wife and I still try to keep a little mystery in our bathroom habits. We're able to do this at home somewhat, but many hotels now have sliding doors on the bathrooms that hardly blocks any sound at all. And bathrooms are usually tiled, and this amplifies the sound even more.

I don't have a satisfactory answer. Your boyfriend is going to see you without the makeup and with the face creams and the rollers. All I can suggest is scaling back on some of your routines. Can you blow out your hair instead of wearing rollers? Can you use absorbent face creams rather than masks? Can you put some toilet paper in the toiler before you go to absorb the sound? Hopefully your boyfriend won't be immature enough to call his attention to your routines.

He's probably not gonna care, but if it puts your mind at ease:

For the bathroom-problem - they usually have some restrooms in the hotel lobby, so you can go during breakfast time. Or in some cafe while you're out.

For the makeup-thing - you can dye your lashes/eyebrows, which makes them look darker and more defined. Also, you can just keep mints or so on your nightstand and take one in the morning. It would be a bit unromantic if he saw you rushing out of bed every morning to get ready.

I knew one of my previous girlfriends before we got together. She was in a relationship for 8 years with a guy but she would get up early, before him, every day to put her face on so he would not see what she looked like without make up. She would also stay up later than him so she could take it off again before going to bed and again so he would not see. She did this for 8 years.

Most men want a real woman as a partner. Someone they can see in their natural element. For me, I always like how a girl looks first thing in the morning, because she is real. This is before she covers herself and seemingly tries to hide what she really looks like from the rest of the world.

We are all humans, even women, and we as men know that women use the bathroom for more than just peeing. We also know that women do not crap butterflies and flowers. We know women expel gas through their rectums. But we also find it funny that women think we don't know they do.

Honestly, he is not going to think any less of you and if he does, then you should probably dump him and find someone that cool with you being just you.

How about before the trip you introduce him to a you without the make up? Plan a fun activity that is physical where make up isn't practical - swimming, working out at the gym together, a run, whatever you both would enjoy. Doing physical activity will help you feel more comfortable in your skin with all those good chemicals going through your body, your skin will look great after without the make up, and it's a great bonding activity with him.

You'll want to do physical activity and get in a pool on your trip, right?! And you will get sweaty at some point unless you are avoiding a lot of things that could be really fun!

You just have to relax and not expect yourself to be 'perfect' all the time. It's a classic move to keeping a wall up to intimacy. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. You don't have to burp and fart in front of him, nor be walking around in your usual night routine. Focus on a few things - being clean, getting moisturizer on, maybe mascara if that really matters to you. You can carry that in your purse. Freshen up here and there as you go.

Try to keep the focus on having a good time, because that is what he'll remember. How he felt going on vacation with you. Try not to hide out a lot in the bathroom nor obsess about how you look - that will leave a far more negative impression than not being made up or having to poo at the hotel.

Funny story- I was dating someone who I was really into -more than he was into me. One night after being intimate my hair was a total fright (he was very overweight, the room was very warm and my hair frizzes in humidity so....). I was so embarrassed at how stuck-finger-in-socket my hair looked. So, thinking he was almost asleep I went to his other bathroom down the hall and plugged in my hair iron (I know). And spent about 10 minutes trying to smooth out the frizz-fest. Sort of worked. Then I thought I left the iron on so back to the bathroom I went. He kept asking me what I'd been doing all that time, was everything ok(nope, wasn't sleeping -and the iron was completely quiet of course) - and of course I didn't want to say. For a really long time after that he asked/pried. Never told him.

What I would do is just - do what you need to do and let it go - both the poo and your akwardness. If you're with this guy for the long term eventually he's going to know all this. Honestly, I'd skip the skin routine for the nights you're together unless it's for a medical reason. You can do that when you're even more serious. Just brush your teeth before bed and in the morning sneak out of bed or tell him you'll be right back and brush. And yes, mints.

Most of all.....have a blast!!!!

I knew one of my previous girlfriends before we got together. She was in a relationship for 8 years with a guy but she would get up early, before him, every day to put her face on so he would not see what she looked like without make up. She would also stay up later than him so she could take it off again before going to bed and again so he would not see. She did this for 8 years.

Most men want a real woman as a partner. Someone they can see in their natural element. For me, I always like how a girl looks first thing in the morning, because she is real. This is before she covers herself and seemingly tries to hide what she really looks like from the rest of the world.

We are all humans, even women, and we as men know that women use the bathroom for more than just peeing. We also know that women do not crap butterflies and flowers. We know women expel gas through their rectums. But we also find it funny that women think we don't know they do.

Honestly, he is not going to think any less of you and if he does, then you should probably dump him and find someone that cool with you being just you.

My thoughts exactly

I honestly feel if you can't do these things around him he's probably not the one for you. Not saying you should break up but it's something to think about.

With all my other bfs I could never fart, burp or be comfortable going to the bathroom. I thought I never would be that way but my current guy I'm so comfortable with it doesnt matter. In a weird way it's how I know he's the one I want to marry, lol. Because I don't want to spend the rest of my life being afraid to fart in my own house. 😂

If this relationship is going to go further you will have to get comfortable with him.

Men want a real person. The plastic ones that don't poop, fart, and burp take forever to blow up.

And you are so young, why in the world do you need night cream? I know that is a part of your skin care regimen, but if you are going to someplace with salt water, perfect tonic. Just use a regular moisturizer for the trip. It's like a face mask, you don't need to do it all the time.

Just wait till your married with kids - no holds barred on opening doors when you poop. Sometime the kids, you, and the dog need to bust on in there!

Totally, one ex used to get pissed off when I told her she didn't need so much makeup, or when I told her I found her more beautiful when she was natural in bed with me...

When we went to the beach on vacation, she would take 2h every day to put makeup just like during the working weeks, I was bored to death waiting on her.

Most men want real women, not "marketing" as I tend to say, because I always have the fear to bring a woman home and after she's naked in bed with me, she isn't the

same person, because pushup bras and pants, makeup, contouring and false hair, maybe leaving a face mask on your sheets with too much makeup. :tongue:

You want someone to love you for who you really are, so why worry about all this really if he likes you, he likes you and no makeup will change this.

By the way I'm a photographer in my spare time, so my last GF is on beautiful pictures I took in Florence, but my favorite of her was one she sent me with her sister and her

in bed no makeup,(nothing sexual really) while on ski vacation she just looks beautiful and happy, no need for makeup.

Only very macho guys parading their hot wives as trophies might want more makeup and "false stuff", this isn't very mature or respectful, so don't overthink this.

Archived