Ex girlfriend agreed to coffee then didn't follow throught

ryan81298

Well you guys were right. This is sort of an extension to my previous thread.Long story short my girlfriend broke up with me 2 months ago. We remained in contact she would initiate contact every 4-5 days usually short conversations. 2 weeks ago I asked her to get coffee to catch up and she said that would be nice and she would let me know when she's free. If you need more details feel free to refer to my previous post on my profile.

Well, 2 weeks went by, and I have not heard from her once. Not one text. Not one "Sorry i'm so busy". Not one explanation as to why she couldn't meet up with me yet. This has been by far the longest time we have not talked. I'm not even gonna try to initiate contact with her.To say the least this breakup hit me hard, I think I'm still holding on to the hope that we will get back together. I recently deleted her from social media and I already feel so much better about this. It is of course still hard but I noticed if I'm not seeing her snapchats of her out with her friends, it will help me out in the long run.

I guess my question is why would she have the never to accept a meetup and just not follow through? Maybe it goes to show that she is not worth my time, effort, and suffering. Its just crazy how you can put so much time, money, and love into someone, and they can't even follow through on their plans and basically show you that you mean nothing to them.

I guess I should have listened to your advise sooner and went no contact

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry you went through this.

The realisation you have right now hurts like hell. I know.

" Maybe it goes to show that she is not worth my time, effort, and suffering."

^Absolutely spot on^

Keep strict no contact from now on. If you ever get tempted, put your thoughts on here instead.

We are all here for you.

I hope others read this, and see why it's critical not to take an ex's vague promise to hang out too seriously.

It's crappy that she wasn't more direct with you in saying that she really wasn't interested. But this is also why it's important to recognize and heed the signs that the other person isn't into it.

Archived