Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Is it strange to want to raise another family?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Okay -- if you marry again and have kids, what if you have a little girl? Are you going to be upset because your name won't be carried down? If so, then you want a child for the wrong reasons.

Your name and DNA has been carried down into two wonderful children and now its their turn to decide if THEIR name and DNA will be carried down - not yours. you have already done it. Your DNA is still in your daughter's kids. WHo knows, maybe she will give one of the kids your last name as their middle name. Who knows, maybe your son will have a child someday - maybe he'll have one when he is 40.
    Nope just want the Chance my Daughter has such a special place in my heart. all I am seeking is the chance for a son. but boy girl don't matter as long as healthy fingers crossed

Bronze Member
    I am surprised you would not want to prevent someone from having the same trauma that you did -- to provide a stable loving home so they don't experience what you did.
    the system is broken, I don't have the energy or time to even attempt to fix it. look into it the good ones are abused by the system and taken advantage of by the system. the bad ones that are in it for the money well there are many more of those. 90% of foster kids are not adopted but are returned to family or age out of the system. Sorry not looking to invest years just for the child to leave.

Bronze Member
    Okay -- if you marry again and have kids, what if you have a little girl? Are you going to be upset because your name won't be carried down? If so, then you want a child for the wrong reasons.

Your name and DNA has been carried down into two wonderful children and now its their turn to decide if THEIR name and DNA will be carried down - not yours. you have already done it. Your DNA is still in your daughter's kids. WHo knows, maybe she will give one of the kids your last name as their middle name. Who knows, maybe your son will have a child someday - maybe he'll have one when he is 40.
    2 notes my son has autism barely functions no chance he will have a kid unless raped.

second middle name stops the lineage, in my family that goes back 400 years ends with me. I have had 2 kids a boy and a girl. All I would like is a chance for another child or 2. I am a great dad make good money can afford a family with out having the mom work etc.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Lost 73
    You made me think so I went back and re-read the entire thread only you and 1 other was being negative about it and only you and 1 other was I defensive with. everyone else it seemed to me was normal causal talking. So what's the common factor here? YOU Go back read all what you wrote ALL negative stuff not really encouraging some people are glass half full others half empty. I encourage you to re-read the entire thread you and Snny was only ones being negative and only ones I responded to in such a way
    Well, I donít need ď tudes ď either. Thanks. No one is stopping you from having a family . You wanted advice. We gave it. I donít care one bit what you do . It is neither here nor there . But if you are the VAST age of 44 you should know not everyone needs to share your sentiments.

6. 03-16-2018, 04:11 PM

7. 03-16-2018, 04:14 PM

8. 03-16-2018, 04:16 PM

9. 03-16-2018, 04:18 PM

10. 03-16-2018, 04:20 PM

Bronze Member
    I understand wanting more children as my children have brought more joy to my life than i ever imagined possible and I had both of them after 35 years of age and Im female...Both are the picture of health! However, the more this post has progressed the more apparent it became that your reasons for wanting a child are self centered. You don't seem to be taking into consideration the ins and outs of everyday living with a child or children. In the event you forgot, a relationship is very trying sometimes and they don't always last - per your previous two failed marriages (relationships). I would caution you to think realistically of what you are proposing to do.. You haven't had children at home for some time.. I don't know how old your children were when your first relationship (marriage, baby Mama?) failed but it seems as if the primary care giver wasn't you considering you have been with two other women for the last 18 to 20 years. The stress children can put on a relationship is pretty substantial and I just hate the idea of a broken family being created so flippantly because you want a progeny.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice