LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texting?

Texting?

So I've been getting to know this guy for a few weeks now that I met online. We went out last weekend and had a great time. He hasn't called me once but he texts me every Day. What's up with that? Why can't people just pick up the phone and call. It is weird to me. It seems like the easy way out. Thoughts ?

I wish I had a good answer for you. People tend to do this more and more.
    Personally, I would limit it and tell him I am really not that much of a texter and let him know that I'd be available to talk to him if he ever feels inclined. :)

People have become depersonalized with texting and don't find it a big deal to not ring. If you'd prefer him to call, let him know.

Platinum Member
    Agreed. It is the way of the world these days.
    Thereís nothing wrong with just saying that you donít feel like texting - but hey - does he want to just call?
    Iíve had to do this in my last few relationships. Lol! Itís just what people do.

Donít be afraid to ask for what you want...

Personally, I have no problem with texting instead of calling, but I'd prefer more meeting up.

Platinum Member
    It's weird. I've run into a number of Millennials who just won't call on the phone. They seem to be afraid of personal interaction. But they will text. Text. Text. Text. We had a young client who only wanted to text us. It took about 30 minutes to get through a conversation we could have had in 5 minutes on the phone. We dropped him as a client.

So I'm not surprised your guy is not calling. You could try calling him and condition him to call you back. But you're going to have to train him!

Originally Posted by Cope
    Personally, I have no problem with texting instead of calling...
    Same, and contrary to standard popular belief, texting/emailing can be and often is, quite personal.

Some (even many) people feel more comfortable expressing thoughts/feelings via the written word versus verbally.

I am one of them. I often become tongue-tied and nervous with verbal expression, depending on the situation. I know others who are the same.

It's the same in business, I find I am much more articulate and express myself better when emailing than when verbally speaking to someone, whether it's my boss, client, co-worker.

There is really no wrong or right, it's a preference.

If you prefer talking on phone, then tell him that! :D

Platinum Member
    If he hasn't asked you on a date -time and place -then I wouldn't give him the privilege of texting with you like a chat buddy. Simply text back that you're too busy to text and you look forward to speaking with him in person if he'd like to make another plan (or simply "I don't have much time to text back and forth but if you want to talk by phone let me know" -then during the phone call see if he makes a plan to see you). If you do have another date planned and you prefer the phone tell him that or call him.

Bronze Member
    Some people feel more comfortable texting there is nothing wrong with that, just tell him you prefer to engage via phone call, if he is interested and mature he will call you
    it is as simple as that really !

I am more of a texter, find it more to the point and I don't really like spending hours on the phone, but my last GF told me that she didn't like texting so I said okay I will
    call you and eventually none of our conversations would be less than an hour long, because I liked her.

After one date, all that matters is if he's setting up another date whether that is through texting, calling, smoke signals, etc. Daily texting/calling means nothing without the desire to see you in person again.
    Originally Posted by deedee911
    I've been getting to know this guy for a few weeks now that I met online. We went out last weekend and had a great time. He hasn't called me once but he texts me every Day.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice