So, I met this girl a little over a year ago, and at the time she was in a relationship that was closing in on 2 years. It was a failing relationship, and she was constantly getting hurt again and again. We became best friends incredibly fast and I was always there helping her through everything she needed. I began getting feelings for her and we started spending more and more time together. Her relationship just kept getting worse, and my feelings continued to grow. Eventually a moment came where I kissed her, and it was amazing for both of us, and we started kissing more often, not like everyday, but once a week, or every two weeks. It progressed into more over time. She eventually broke up with this guy, spend a few weeks hiding away sad, and crying, talking to me from a distance, and then all of a sudden we were hanging out everyday, we were regularly having sex, we were going on dates it was amazing. The only problem was at first we agreed that we weren't going to make a relationship out of it because she wanted to relax for a while, be single, find out where she is in life and what she wants. 6 months have passed since and we now rarely have sex, we occasionally have sleep overs, and she wants to be more alone, more single, less anchored down to me. She asked if I would be hurt if she wanted to talk to other guys, maybe go on a few dates to get that real feeling of being single, not having to worry about someone else, not feeling committed. She constantly tells me she doesn't want to sleep with anyone else, she doesn't want to kiss them, she just wants to be able to go out and feel like she can be a single girl. I get it. Going from a serious relationship right into another one isn't exactly ideal or exciting. I want her to be able to do what she wants, I truly love this girl and want nothing more than to make her happy and have her want to be with me. But Everytime she goes out with another guy, I just get stressed out and insanely jealous, I say stupid things that make her feel bad, and make her feel like she's committed to me and I feel like I'm pushing her away. But it's hard to watch her hang out with other people, and it's hard to not be as physically active or as close as we used to be. Can anyone give me advice on how I can make it easier for myself to be okay with what's happening? I don't want to ruin the possibility of never being with what I think the most amazing person, she's my best friend. Her parents love me and mine love her. I'm just so lost as to what I need to do for this girl. I know she has feelings for me, I know she isn't just screwing random dudes, I honestly and truthfully trust her with my life. I'm just going insane standing here waiting for her to figure out what she wants and if she wants to be with me.

She pretty much used you to get out of and over her previous relationship, and now wants her freedom. Let her have it, and don't tie up your life waiting for her. If she wanted to be committed to you, she would be. Having to see what's out there means she was not and will not fully invest herself in you. You should tell her you can't be friends and hang out because of how you feel about her, and to respect your wishes on that. Unless you want to stick around in hopes she'll change her mind, but the day will most likely come when you find out she's having sex elsewhere. Are you prepared to handle that news?

Archived