LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: She asked me if I’m hanging out or “taking out” other girls

She asked me if I’m hanging out or “taking out” other girls

I told her the truth and told her I haven’t taken out any girls the last 5 months and I asked “why?” And she said “just curious.”
    I asked her “is there a guy you want to hangout with?”
    And she said “no, not at all.”
    So now I’m not sure if I should reassure her to make her feel completely good, or to let go of the convo.

Why would she ask that if you're officially dating?

If you guys haven't confirmed what you are exactly, as in if you're just seeing eachother or you're actually together, then this may have been an indirect way to ask?
    If you've discussed and agreed that you're official, then she may be feeling insecure and want some reassurance?

Per your previous thread, are you seeing her more than once a week now?

If not, that may be why she asked. She's probably wondering what you do the rest of the week.

Once you get into an actual relationship (which you said you were in), you don't need to be so "mysterious" anymore; you can starting opening up and letting her into your world. Sharing more of yourself.

If she's insecure, that might help.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 03-06-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Platinum Member
    You said before that you two are officially in a relationship. So why would she ask you that?

We started seeing each other 2-3 times a week and definitely felt like a relationship. One of my friends asked “so you guys are together now?” while her and I were cuddling on the couch and she smiled and I said obviously.
    But this past week I’ve been super busy and couldn’t even see her once.
    She asked me this out of the blue today. I felt bad and reassured her by telling her that I want her to always ask me those questions and to never hold things in.
    I told her that I used to always feel unsure about whether or not she was seeing other guys and she told me she never went out with a guy since she went out with me 5 months ago.
    At this point I’d feel weird to say “want to be my gf.” Seems kind of obvious?

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Per your previous thread, are you seeing her more than once a week now?

If not, that may be why she asked. She's probably wondering what you do the rest of the week.

Once you get into an actual relationship (which you said you were in), you don't need to be so "mysterious" anymore; you can starting opening up and letting her into your world. Sharing more of yourself.

If she's insecure, that might help.
    Thanks! Yeah I realized I shouldn’t be mysterious since obvious she’s already emotionally invested. I plan on keeping her happy and would hate to make her feel unsure or insecure. She told me she’s very insecure.

Rozhni, in your previous thread you mentioned you were struggling with maintaining your feelings for her and that you needed "space" so you could miss her, so you only saw her once a week. You asked if feeling this way was normal.

Now that you have kicked it up to 2-3 times a week, how are you feeling now?

Is spending this amount of time together comfortable for you?

Is this why you were so "busy" this week, in an effort to get some space?

I am not judging you at all, but between this thread and your others I get the sense you are struggling a bit being in this relationship, as you've never been in one before, or not in a very long time, and spending so much time together is a bit suffocating for you.

Again, not judging you, I have my own share of issues, but we can't help you if you're not totally honest with us.

Platinum Member
    You had a thread recently titled "We are officially dating". So what does "officially dating" mean to you? To her?

You started seeing each other 2-3 times a week, but you're previous thread about only wanting to see her once a week was little over a week ago so that means you only did that for one week yet, seeing her more......
    I'm sorry but you're threads and timelines don't add up....
    But maybe that explains her insecurity.
    You guys need the actual talk so that everything is clear!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice