Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a womans track history change things?

Bronze Member

Does a womans track history change things?

So I met a wonderful woman this past Saturday. Beautiful and smart, we talked for a few days before meeting we sent each other a ton of pics (Normal ones) and added each other on Facebook. Before hand we chatted a lot and even more so now. We have gotten to know each other a lot and meeting again this week. Mind you I think that she is so HOT and 8 years younger then me. She has a good job and her life in order. I would tend to think this is a great fit someone to get to know more and hope for a Long term thing. the only issue I see is that her longest relationship has only been 2 years. We are not in our 20's she's mid 30s and I am mid 40's. that worries me that her track history. BUT maybe they just where not the right ones and who knows what the future brings.

I was honestly shocked I am by far not a ugly guy I figure myself pretty good looking, but she is like Hollywood beautiful in fact when I first saw her picture I thought that she was 25 if that. then when we chatted we like almost everything the same including our political views and have the same passions. Shoot she even fishes, has her own guns and a carry permit. To me that is even more attractive then her looks. I have never been one to date for looks only, inside has always meant more for me so I was shocked on how she is as a total package.

She knows that I just moved out of my Exes a few weeks ago even if we broke up in September. we are going slow at this, but I want to avoid the friend zone LOL damn black hole that is.

I have only been in 3 relationships in 25 years, I am a LTR guy not casual. She dated Casual for a few years been single for over a year and longest was 2 years. Should I be concerned with the lack of LTR? I also noticed that she has like over 1000 people on Facebook and a lot of random guys that every time she posts something they jump on saying things like Hi sexy etc.

I got as far as her own guns and cc permit. She’s a keeper

Word of advice- make sure she’s not shooting a high point. That’s a deal breaker.
    Glock, S&W - long term dating material
    Kimber, CZ - marry that woman

Platinum Member
    And I always thought that it's always women who are worried about a partner's longest relationship as if indicates something. Agree with Capttrae, she is a keeper.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Capttrae
    Word of advice- make sure she’s not shooting a high point. That’s a deal breaker.
    Glock, S&W - long term dating material
    Kimber, CZ - marry that woman
    And this. Hahaha

Sorry, the opposite. I got to the gun and cc permit part, and I'd be walking away. But then, I aint 'Merican.

From the relationship perspective. Perhaps she is finally looking to settle down after being single or casual for a long time. Not all people have to conform to the get in a long relationship attitude. It might be a period of adjustment needed if that is what she wants, but why the issue? Is this not like a woman's attitude to a man that has been single for a long time?

Platinum Member
    You've just met. You're getting way too far ahead of yourself.

From your fawning description it sounds like you're thinking with your little head, not your big head.

A person's track record matters. How much is dependant on many things, there is no quick answer. Get to know her better and you'll have more information to make a decision.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Sportster2005
    You've just met. You're getting way too far ahead of yourself.

From your fawning description it sounds like you're thinking with your little head, not your big head.

A person's track record matters. How much is dependant on many things, there is no quick answer. Get to know her better and you'll have more information to make a decision.
    You are right, that is true. I do get ahead of myself. But like I said I don't know how to casual date.

Platinum Member
    Of course you know how to date someone casually. You just choose not to and that's ok. I think it's fine that her longest relationship has been two years. When I was dating my concern was a guy who'd had a messy divorce especially recently or a guy who was in his 30s and never had a serious relationship - that type of history likely wouldn't have been compatible with mine. I would take it one date at a time.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Of course you know how to date someone casually. You just choose not to and that's ok. I think it's fine that her longest relationship has been two years. When I was dating my concern was a guy who'd had a messy divorce especially recently or a guy who was in his 30s and never had a serious relationship - that type of history likely wouldn't have been compatible with mine. I would take it one date at a time.
    So with your logic someone like me who did an engineering degree extremely committed, worked all around the globe for 6 years almost burning out then needing a year to get myself in shape,
    having not had much time for dating and therefore not much serious long relationships, would have something wrong and be undateable in his 30s ! Maybe think about life choices and circumstances
    before making such gratuitous assumptions don't you think !?

Strangely I would mostly with my last 5 years relationship experience, say just the opposite with women, I've met too many burned and damaged women that had long crappy relationships, so you
    see assuming just because of the length of a relationship is absolutely stupid, assessing people's character and honesty is better.

What is most relevant to me at the risk of passing as an outdated sexist, is actually if a woman had casual sex for 5-10 years, doing it a while why not but the serial casuals, mostly without much
    serious stories you know to explore their sexuality... that to me is a huge Red Flag, because in my views having a different sexual partner every weekend isn't showing respect to yourself. I would
    say exactly the same about the playboys that want to f*** as much women as their poor ego needs !

OP, I don't see much problems here be happy a woman takes it slow and wants to connect and not push you !

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice