Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Take Break Ups Very Hard

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by rosephase
    Maybe your tactics cause for poor attachments... so much so that the first seeming "real" connection that comes along you are offering your heart and soul on a platter. Maybe this deep pain you feel is because you so rarely feel that real connection that you are over committed when you find it. Maybe PUA tactic calm you because emotional attachment is overwhelming for you so you purse a style of performing inauthenticity to hide from the pain that comes when you feel a real connection.

You do you. But that PUA stuff instills a lot of stuff that makes lasting committed relationships hard. Your connection to it might be hurting you more than you think in the long run.
    I'm not sure what you mean by poor attachments. And I've had several real connections over the past 8 months or so. None of the other girls were good enough in my book, so I didn't get int a relationship with them, but the connections were real. I don't agree that I over-commit, but I'm not even sure what that means. I was with my ex-wife for ten years. I believe that contradicts any claim that I avoid emotional attachment. My learning from PUA has taught me to be more authentic, not less. And I seek real connection, not to avoid it. I don't know where that came from.

You don't know PUA as well as you think. PUA has helped me get more girls, higher quality girls, and allowed me to form stronger connections with them. I'm going to keep doing it no matter what negative stereotypes exist about it by people who haven't truly researched it.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If it works so well, why are you not with any of these women?

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    If it works so well, why are you not with any of these women?
    I just was with one of them. The break up happened two days ago. I'm not an expert at this. I'm still learning, but my results were consistently improving until I met my recent ex.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Careerchoice
    I just was with one of them. The break up happened two days ago. I'm not an expert at this. I'm still learning, but my results were consistently improving until I met my recent ex.
    What I am saying is it has not helped to keep a woman.

Gold Member
    What I am saying is it has not helped to keep a woman.
    I was with my ex-wife for ten years until I changed my mind on her. It helped me keep her. This was my first relationship since that break up. I don't think that's enough evidence to form a conclusion that it doesn't help me keep a woman.

Well, none of us are going to convince you that it is degrading and any smart woman with a head on her shoulders will see this coming.

Gold Member
    Well, none of us are going to convince you that it is degrading and any smart woman with a head on her shoulders will see this coming.
    It's not degrading. I see no reason to form that conclusion. My recent ex was very intelligent. And I don't know what there is to see coming.

Originally Posted by Careerchoice
    I ju The break up happened two days ago. I'm not an expert at this. I'm still learning.
    I'm confused
    2/18, in a post you were stating you had broken up the weekend prior.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I'm confused
    2/18, in a post you were stating you had broken up the weekend prior.
    The break up started 3 weeks ago and essentially concluded 2 nights ago.

Itís okay, I suffer from this same issue of getting overly attached to people especially partners too soon and I havenít been in many relationships, but each and every single break up cut me like a knife whether the relationship lasted a month or a year . I have come to realize that I have deeper issues aka daddy issues which have led me to having these issues. I think you need to figure out why you you fall so deeply and quickly for people so you can either help yourself or get help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship

Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice