It’s a silly question I know but I’m at a loss

My entire 11yr marriage has been nothing but emotional abuse! Long story short he has always been addicted to pain medications to the point where everything we have is gone and I have been isolated to the point where I have zero friends. There have been mistakes on both our part and even our daughter sees how unhappy we are and advised me to leave so I can be happy yet I still feel this overwhelming guilt thinking I am the least deserving of any kind of happiness. I feel so much fear when I try to talk to my husband about things because everything gets turned back around on me somehow.

I agree with Hollyj. Get out. People make their own choices. You can't help your husband. You've probably tried everything. Even your daughter agrees. It's time to find someplace you can stay and then start to rebuild your life again. With your daughter's help, you can remake yourself.

We don’t have any nar-anon groups for spouse support around here unfortunately and no I don’t have any family except for my daughter. Both my parents passed away 3 years ago. They left me their house but my husbands niece has been living there to get back on her feet so I feel like I’m danged if I do and danged if I don’t. Been trying to get the courage up to type up the eviction notice for her as well but then I hear my husbands voice say “your so selfish you need to grow the F up”

You can get Nar-Anon books/help of the internet. https://nar-anon-webstore.myshopify.com/collections/books-booklets

-----

You can safely ignore comments from the addicted. By nature, they're always manipulative.

Eviction is a legal process, instead, can you ask her to leave so you can move in? (I am not suggesting divorce!)

It's normal for a wife to hear her husbands voice in their head.

That's okay, just as long as he's sober and genuinely loving.

If it's anything other than that, you must squelch his voice because he's in no shape to give advice or tell you anything.

Archived