I Can't Find My Cat

sadcatgirl

I have a cat named Michael. He'll be 6 this year in June. He got out last Thursday (February 22nd) and I'm writing this over a week later (March 2nd). I know that cats like to wander and that most people wouldn't be too concerned yet. The problem is he's not a very healthy cat. He has FIV and a very weak immune system not to mention kidney disease. He really shouldn't be outside where I can't keep an eye on him. I feel like I've tried everything to get him to come home, I put his litter out first, then some of his dry food a couple days later, and a few days ago I set out a can of tuna to see if he would come. I've walked around the block multiple times calling his name and I check around my yard multiple times a day for him. Nothing has worked. I've talked to neighbors. Also my neighborhood is really small, there's my street and another street behind me but other than that we're surrounded by busy main roads and a shopping plaza behind us. My cat doesn't like noise of course and I've never seen him near the main roads or near the shopping plaza so I don't think he's gone too far. My mom believes he sat down for a nap in someone's garage or something and got closed in and that's why he hasn't come home yet but I'm afraid that he left to find somewhere to pass away. I love this cat more than anything and I'm just losing hope that he'll ever come back. I guess I just want to know if I should stay positive or accept what probably happened?

This is going to sound stupid but I'm kind of afraid to? I just don't know about the laws for putting them up where I live, like where I can post them and what kinds of things I can post them on. I have the flyers made I just don't want to get in trouble for putting them somewhere they can't be.

This is going to sound stupid but I'm kind of afraid to? I just don't know about the laws for putting them up where I live, like where I can post them and what kinds of things I can post them on. I have the flyers made I just don't want to get in trouble for putting them somewhere they can't be.

You cannot put them on mailboxes, and I would be careful that you do not use tape that could adversely affect a painted surface.

When my young cousin went missing I didn't give a rat's behind if anyone got mad, I posted flyers all over the city. No one ever contacted me to give me a ticket or anything.

Just be careful not to put them on private property. I used public trash cans, walls around bus stops, things like that.

Archived