Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel like I am better than the guy I am dating in every way :(

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Yeah, I realize we are all different and seek different qualities; I modified my post to reflect that.

Re a guy not preferring a woman being taller, well that alone speaks volumes in my opinion.

A strong secure confident guy wouldn't care, which is my point.

If I ever dated a man my height or shorter (I am 5'6") and I showed up in heels and he felt uncomfortable, perhaps even asking/telling me to change to flats or lower heel so I wouldn't be taller, HUGE turn off, for ME.

My point is that when women (or men) are not attracting the types of people she/he wants to look WITHIN.

Believe me, after this last experience, I certainly am!
    Absolutely, when some friends ask me what my type of woman is, I never get it ! I don't care about wanting special physical features, I want someone smart, empathetic and feminine, it's stupid to limit yourself just with only dating short/tall, blond/brunette, or rich/poor people, it's reducing people to objects in my mind !

And are we really conciously able, to know what type of person would make us happy, without trying a bit !? I don't think so.

I am very leery of anyone making self proclaiming statements of their awesomeness yet complain that they are alone.

Guess what? What you consider great doesn't much matter in a relationship in regards to how you are perceived. What the other person thinks is great is of much bigger concern.

I imagine with your inflated sense of self many men you date will get worn down by your superiority complex.

I am a successful male in my 30s. I keep in good shape because it is important to me. I am well educated with a great job. I am honestly a bit full of myself even of I am only 5'9".

But I have never thought my partner wasn't my equal, if I did I wouldn't have them as a partner, because after all, partner implies equality in my mind.

I think you are only going to attract people who seek to take advantage of your situation (economically) or pathetic guys who take your arrogant disrespect.

A decent guy will probably feel your superiority issues and not want much to do with it.

Originally Posted by Last Gentleman
    Absolutely, when some friends ask me what my type of woman is, I never get it ! I don't care about wanting special physical features, I want someone smart, empathetic and feminine, it's stupid to limit yourself just with only dating short/tall, blond/brunette, or rich/poor people, it's reducing people to objects in my mind !

And are we really conciously able, to know what type of person would make us happy, without trying a bit !? I don't think so.
    I agree with this so much. Finding that special person who has the inner qualities and core conpatibilities is difficult enough!
    To then narrow that down to very specifics about the outer package seems to me to be fighting against actually finding love.
    Then again, I never did have strong preferences on things like height or race or hair/no hair. A lot of people do, and that's almost unrelatable to me because I find so many people outwardly attractive ( kid in a candy store of life).

Then again too, for some people the inner doesn't matter so much so long as the outside fits - the lifestyle, the looks.
    So I'm not sure exactly what OPs must haves really are?

Yeah, I realize we are all different and seek different qualities; I modified my post to reflect that.

Re a guy not preferring a woman being taller, well that alone speaks volumes in my opinion.

A strong secure confident guy wouldn't care, which is my point.

If I ever dated a man my height or shorter (I am 5'6") and I showed up in heels and he felt uncomfortable, perhaps even asking/telling me to change to flats or lower heel so I wouldn't be taller, HUGE turn off, for ME.
    Yup, and as it should. I'm 5'7" so women being taller than me in heels has pretty much always been part of the equation. Not a problem at all for me. If anything, I'm thankful for the privilege of their boobs being that many inches closer to eye-level. But I could count on two hands and two feet how many women I know or have known who wouldn't wear heels if it made them taller because they don't want to be taller than the guy.

You seem to pick guys you look down on and want to control and feel superior to. You claim you have this high criteria, but seem to scrape the bottom of the barrel repeatedly, then complain what losers they are and feel sorry for yourself. Sorry to be this straight but you are the common denominator. It seems with all your disposable income some therapy for insight and to address this intense insecurity about your age etc. would be well spent.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    Yup, and as it should. I'm 5'7" so women being taller than me in heels has pretty much always been part of the equation. Not a problem at all for me. If anything, I'm thankful for the privilege of their boobs being that many inches closer to eye-level. But I could count on two hands and two feet how many women I know or have known who wouldn't wear heels if it made them taller because they don't want to be taller than the guy.
    Yeah, and at the risk of appearing judgmental, as I do realize we all have our preferences, many women have this misguided notion that a tall man is somehow stronger (emotionally) and will "protect" her.

Or being with a tall man makes her feel more "feminine."

I've heard many women say this, even on this forum and others.

Couldn't be further from the truth!

I've known men 6' plus who were absolute wimps! And shorter men who were just the opposite.

As for feeling "feminine," that comes from **within.**

Speaking personally (again), I certainly don't need to be with a tall man to feel feminine.

I am secure in my femininity, it's part of my overall essence.

I'm sorry guys, I realize I must be sounding quite arrogant, I don't mean to, honestly.

It's just that there is so much superficiality and misguided beliefs in dating these days (from both genders), it really irks me.

To each their own though. :D

Platinum Member
    Forty is not old. Have you tried to utilize the services that match you with professional men? Not the online stuff.

Stop dating this guy. It is clear that you are not compatible and do not respect him. I would rather be single than date someone that did not excite me.

Bronze Member
    Yeah, and at the risk of appearing judgmental, as I do realize we all have our preferences, many women have this misguided notion that a tall man is somehow stronger (emotionally) and will "protect" her.

Or being with a tall man makes her feel more "feminine."

I've heard many women say this, even on this forum and others.

Couldn't be further from the truth!

I've known men 6' plus who were abdolute wimps! And shorter men who were just the opposite.

As for feeling "feminine," that comes from **within.**

Speaking personally (again), I certainly don't need to be with a tall man to feel feminine.

I am secure in my femininity, it's part of my overall essence.

I'm sorry guys, I realize I must be sounding quite arrogant, I don't mean to, honestly.

It's just that there is so much superficiality and misguided beliefs in dating these days (from both genders), it really irks me.

To each their own though. :D
    Doesn't sound arrogant to me, I personaly do martial arts and I can tell you some men or women aren't bulked up muscle masses, no one expects them to train in Kempo, but they do and you don't want to mess with them !

The common thing I see nowadays is men can't deal with women anymore, they don't know where they fit and act too much like little boys, but women on the other hand can have such an inflated sense of their self worth,
    looking down on pretty much the whole other gender, when in reality they aren't as great as they think they are !
    It's really sad and frightening to watch both sides...

a lot of opinions here and honesty, i skimmed a lot of them bc people do not proofread and i had no idea what they were saying. geez! lol

for me bottom line: if you are not proud of the person you are with, respect them, and in general feel like you are being short changed, then you are.

little disappointing about the height comment. you know height is the one thing we really can't change. you can gain or lose weight, get plastic surgery for the rest of your body, wear hair extensions and color contacts, become more educated in any subject... and on and on...

but height? you're pretty much stuck.

of course it's your choice and preference but the same height? maybe you're too tall. lol jk.

Originally Posted by j.man
    This kinda makes me sad as I'm 6'3" and I've never had the pleasure.

I have only dated 1 woman that was anywhere near as tall as I am, and she loved wearing her stilettos. I tell you, when you are used to towering over everyone, and then a girl who towers over you, it can be rather intimidating. I've found many girlfriends try to wear heels to feel taller next to me. I guess it doesn't help that I like the shorter girls.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice