Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depressed and alone

Im on a routine on pills on therapy. Nothing seems to work. I donít see a way out. My mind and thoughts are a constant battle field. I am not satisfied with life. I do things that used to make me happy and if anything makes me feel worse. The only thing thatís helping Is my medic school. I hvnt done any alcohol or drugs so I wonít go that way. Iíve been trying to fix myself but I just feel so inadequate. How much longer do I have to fight to just feel something decent. I get It maybe Im pathetic to think like this and the way I view my standing point isnít the best. Im constantly wearing a mask and feel wrecked inside.

Im sorry for complaining and wasting your time. Iíll suck It up. Thanks for listening

I feel like behind your screen name is a very close friend of mine.....So ďheĒ has told me that he recognizes that these loss of value in life thoughts are going to be a part of his existence. I know that heís been having these thoughts for years, or his entire life, actually.. I see though tooóhe has recently built new things into his life and sees some avenues of opportunity. Itís going to take work and a little luck and love from people.
    Think about if you have been isolating. You know you cannot do that. Reaching out here is a good first step.
    But reach back to people you know who arenít harmful to you. Drop the user friend. At least for now, until youíre stronger and have a couple people in your life.

So tonightó-for starters, you need to write down your schedule or checklist of things to get done for tomorrow and set a bedtime for tonight and follow it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by soulsurvivor26
    Im sorry for complaining and wasting your time. Iíll suck It up. Thanks for listening
    We are hear to listen and advise. I personally derive enjoyment / satisfaction from helping others - no worries there.

I would suggest consulting with your GP or psychiatrist about the medication. I have tried medication (SSRI) before and had a fairly bad experience, so I stopped - maybe your GP/psychiatrist would be able to advise you on whether continuing or switching is the right move for you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by soulsurvivor26
    Im on a routine on pills on therapy. Nothing seems to work. I donít see a way out. My mind and thoughts are a constant battle field. I am not satisfied with life. I do things that used to make me happy and if anything makes me feel worse. The only thing thatís helping Is my medic school. I hvnt done any alcohol or drugs so I wonít go that way. Iíve been trying to fix myself but I just feel so inadequate. How much longer do I have to fight to just feel something decent. I get It maybe Im pathetic to think like this and the way I view my standing point isnít the best. Im constantly wearing a mask and feel wrecked inside.
    Not deriving enjoyment from hobbies or fun activities is a common symptom of depression.

You ought to choose to do something to jumpstart a break to that depression. What about yourself do you not like? Looks, personality, interests, etc.? Maybe you could identify those things, and then work on one of them at a time? Alternatively, you could start small, say with cleaning the house or apartment in which you reside, doing laundry, or with learning how to do something: how to play chess, do the waltz, etc. Making progress is important.

Platinum Member
    Just checking on you, OP. How are you doing?

Im ok I still have my mood swings and overthinking I lost my best friend so Im dealing with that now. But Im ok... thanks for checking up.

Platinum Member
    Absolutely, you're welcome. Feel free to post on here or PM me whenever you need

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice