omg guys... I'm going on dates....

Lambert

the fireman and the nurse (technically a murse haha) i just didn't enjoy the dates.

the American literature teacher was nice, attractive, philosophical... all very good. He talked about his family and his students. he wasn't stuffy. i laughed out loud a few times.

He walked me to my car and there was a little hug. but then it got awkward. it was like he wasn't leaving. as for me and my personality, by the time I'm at the car, I'm like nervous and see ya.....

so i dont know if he'll call me again or not. I'm just laying low. it's nice to let the guy come to me. and if he doesn't... next victim. lol

thoughts?

If you liked the guy, it's courteous and encouraging to send him a text saying you enjoyed meeting him and had a great time. If you act indifferent they won't "come to you", they'll move on.

so i dont know if he'll call me again or not. I'm just laying low. it's nice to let the guy come to me. and if he doesn't... next victim. lol
If you liked the guy, it's courteous and encouraging to send him a text saying you enjoyed meeting him and had a great time. If you act indifferent they won't "come to you", they'll move on.
hey wiseman

thanks for the response. ok maybe i will. I'm a lil gun shy... 6 wks post break up... i don't need the rejection.

If he's interested he'll ask you out again, if not, that's ok. It's not a rejection just the ins and outs of dating/meeting people. However if you take a defensive and preemptive strike approach, you risk rejection more so.

I'm a lil gun shy... 6 wks post break up... i don't need the rejection.
If he's interested he'll ask you out again, if not, that's ok. It's not a rejection just the ins and outs of dating/meeting people. However if you take a defensive and preemptive strike approach, you risk rejection more so.
I'm sorry... I'm dense... the preemptive strike is doing nothing? [emoji848][emoji23]

If you showed interest and said thank you on the date then send a text only if you want to ask him out again -because the text is basically a follow up to see if he's interested, that's the impression anyway. If you forgot to say thank you on the date a text right after to make up for the faux pas is fine. IMO.

I'm glad you're meeting people and it seems to be fun/interesting for you!

He walked me to my car and there was a little hug. but then it got awkward. it was like he wasn't leaving. as for me and my personality, by the time I'm at the car, I'm like nervous and see ya.....

I wait(ed) for the guy to come to me, too. Just a preference.

Speaking of awkward: One time I was on a first date. We went to lunch at a restaurant. Conversation was good. There was potential. But I still wasn't 100% comfortable with him. When he walked me to my car, I opened my door so that it blocked him and he couldn't approach me to hug (or kiss!) me goodbye. That little move did not go unnoticed by him, but he didn't say anything until much later, after we'd been talking for some weeks. He turned out to be a pretty nice guy. We dated for seven months.

Hey girl! How long ago was the date?
hi! it was last night.

i did text him bc i just wanted to. i felt like i gave a bad vibe at the end and that's more me being awkward at the end of a first date standing in a parking garage at night.

Don't misunderstand. I felt safe but I always heard in like self defense classes that they show on t.v. (haha) women can become victims because they don't get in their car and leave fast enough.

ok that's not specific to the date. haha they meant, that sitting in your car texting, not paying attention to your surroundings could give someone the opportunity to take advantage of you. But I always think that because I am a single woman and I'm alone a lot of the time.. It's just the whole situation. i have programmed my brain in a parking garage to keep it moving. lol

We've been talking on and off today. so i think it's ok. maybe we'll meet up again!

If you showed interest and said thank you on the date then send a text only if you want to ask him out again -because the text is basically a follow up to see if he's interested, that's the impression anyway. If you forgot to say thank you on the date a text right after to make up for the faux pas is fine. IMO.

I'm glad you're meeting people and it seems to be fun/interesting for you!

thanks batya!

I'm keeping it together for the most part. lol

Lol smart! Well good luck, you seem excited, I hope you have fun :)
thank you. its not really excitement. just trying very hard to carry on and built a new life....

but not trying to down play he could be a cool guy either!

I'm silly... but i try. thats the one thing about me, all my life, whatever it is - try, try, try again. it's why I'm successful. i think anyway. haha. nothing is all that easy....

Archived