she turned from bold to distant and i'm really confused!

Ok so I'm a high school student and we're both 17 and I'm in the closet btw. The story started when I went to this new school and at first sight I was quite breath-taken by her. I went on an attempt to get to know her and get close to her and it succeeded but in a strange way, we weren't the closest in terms of mental support or much deep talking but she was especially clingy to me and extremely bold towards me (it reached to a point where during a soccer game she walked a whole lot just to reach where I was sitting and she randomly sat on my lap even tho my friends were there and she wasn't close to them) For a long time it went with me initiating the interaction and she would continue off of it as I was the more socially awkward one (Yet we still didn't really text much or had a deep conversation)

Second semester rolled by and I had an idea that she had a boyfriend so I took my distance but realized that she didn't have one later on (she did comment about my sudden disappearance and was wondering why, I just told her I was busy) So now that I'm back to 'chasing' her she suddenly grew distant out of nowhere. She wouldn't talk to me or greet me unless I start the conversation and even then she would act kinda... shy and the conversation would be very short. Like for example with her friends her voice would be very loud but with me it would be considerably low and reserved (which wasn't the case last semester) And she's no longer clinging to me physically. However, I do often catch her looking at my direction from the corner of my eye which is adding to my confusion.

I'm not sure how this complete change happened or why but I would appreciate an outside opinion on this. I haven't had such a serious 'crush' for a long time and I would really love for this to escalate, if given the chance.

You need to ask this girl out on a date. This is where you ask her if she wants to get a coffee or a soda with you, go to the movies with you, go to McDonalds, go for a walk in the park, etc. This is not playing peekaboo in a group of friends at school. This is where you and she goes somewhere where you can talk to each other, hold hands, look into each other's eyes and tell each other how you both feel about each other. It's time to start growing up and start dating. You're becoming an adult and it's time to start having mature relationships with members of the opposite sex.

You need to ask this girl out on a date. This is where you ask her if she wants to get a coffee or a soda with you, go to the movies with you, go to McDonalds, go for a walk in the park, etc. This is not playing peekaboo in a group of friends at school. This is where you and she goes somewhere where you can talk to each other, hold hands, look into each other's eyes and tell each other how you both feel about each other. It's time to start growing up and start dating. You're becoming an adult and it's time to start having mature relationships with members of the opposite sex.

I'm sorry but I can't help but feel your reply was totally off because I posted this to see if anyone could know why she might be acting this way not telling me to ask her out (which I don't think can be possible considering her distance) Plus "it's time to start having mature relationships with members of the opposite sex." I posted this in the lgbt section so I'm a girl and she's a girl too :)

She thought there was something, then you blew her off for no reason (she probably doesn't know why you distanced yourself), and now suddenly you're back with the same old approach. So from her perspective there's two possible scenarios. 1) There was somebody else, but after that didn't work out you came back to her. 2) You're playing some kind of hot-cold-game.

Archived