What should I do ?

jay228

Hi, so I(18) have a crush on this girl(19). We have classes together and we knew each other for more than a month. We don't really talk but text sometimes. I asked her out on valentine and we hang out for a few hours but her guy best friend was there as well...I'm not sure if he's there to keep an eye on me or whatever but he came to pick up something from her, hang with us for awhile and left. We had some alone time and we got talking. It was still a little awkward. Toward the end I said happy valentine to her, she just looked at me, smiled and left. So anyways, my friend is a good friend with her best friend so my friend told me something her best friend told him. Apparently, she usually turn down guys who asked her out immediately but she didn't turn me down...he guessed that maybe she doesn't know how to turn me down. He also asked if she liked me, she said she don't know and changed the subject really quickly. So I'm not sure what's going on exactly. She don't really show signs of her liking me as well. We didn't really talk at class afterward...which is partly my fault for not initiating any conversation. She's always with her friends which makes it a lot harder for me to approach her. But I got a feeling her friends know that I like her. They seems pretty friendly toward me.

We have this charity run yesterday and I asked her out the day before through text because I couldn't find her. She ignored my text for quite long then said she couldn't make it because she has appointment and told me sorry she's been busy with student council stuff. I replied alright no worries. I am pretty sure that's a genuine excuse, so she didn't exactly reject me but didn't reschedule it either...We didn't talk the whole time we were at the run. Both of us tried to avoid eye contact...I'm not sure what I should do now. Should I go up to her and talk to her on Monday ? What do I say after acting like a ...I'm not exactly a socially awkward guy I can walk up to people and talk to them but I kept having this thought that if I walk up to her group of friends and said what's up I'm just gonna stand there like an idiot getting ignored. I know its's probably in my head but I can't stop thinking about it. What should I do ? Thank you! :)

I think she is confused. Not in a bad way it happens to girls a lot. We like a guy and we hang out, we ask our best friend or guy friend to hang for a bit just to make sure we are doing ok. Not overwhelmed or anything. But I think you should ask her out for coffee. I know that sounds dumb but its a public relaxing place and you could just chill and talk or bring some friends and get to know her friend group it could just be that one of her friends is a little weary about you and is cautioning her. Also not a bad thing cause friends look out for eachother. But I think a public "date" could help straighten things out, but if she keeps dodging you just maybe back off for a week or two, you don't want to overwhelm her or make her feel like she is being clinged to.

You have to act as if none of this bothers her and try asking her again to go out maybe later this week or the weekend. Girls like boys with confidence and you might be able to wear her down until she does go out with you. If all goes well, ask her out for another date, and another date.

Archived