Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He hit me once

Would you be willing to go speak with someone who works professionally with abusive situations?
    I did a quick google search and found a few services in your city- some you can speak with over the phone, online, or in person. It would be a great first step for you. Huge amounts of information there and people who are very familiar with helping with emotional and practical issues.

Typically, after physical abuse has occurred, it tends to escalate , and quite quickly. One blow in the wrong spot, and you could lose your life. It's not at all an exaggeration that this is a life or death situation in which you have to make some very important decisions that will impact yours and your children's lives forever.

Those poor kids of his. I can only imagine how terrifying that was for them. Besides the violence, it's very concerning that dad and yourself were so drunk in the home while the children were in his care. Please give giving someone a call or visit serious thought.

Thanks for your help itsallgrand. No, I wasn't drunk at all. I had a couple but wasn't sure whether I'd be slightly over. He was completely over. You know when you're just not sure whether you'd be okay on the road? I'd never done that before and I was beating myself up about it for days/weeks because that's not me. I just had nowhere to go and I was terrified. But I get your point. You're right. Thanks, I will do that.

Did you need links, Shiloh, or are you okay with googling?

I'll google. Thank you. You're lovely to even mention that. I just thought I could get some feedback from others first.

Gold Member
    Please donít go back to him. He wonít change. Are the kids mom around? Those kids need to get away from their father. How scary.

Gold Member
    You need to contact an attorney and help the kids

Platinum Member
    No. He will not change.

You should have left over the alcoholism and anger issues, LONG AGO! What else does this guy have to do to you!

Get the hell out of this situation.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Shiloh
    abitbroken, yes well he hadn't hit his ex wife but he had smashed his fist into a cement pillar and had to have surgery. Thing is, when we've had some heated arguments the last few months, he's kept his composure and not got angry. He's been kind the whole time. That's why it's so confusing for me.
    Smashing things is scary. THIS IS NOT NORMAL! It will not take six months of therapy, it would take years. And, there is a great probability it would not work.

Platinum Member
    If you go back after he hit you, you are giving him the message that you're ok with being hit. He will take your return as "permission" to hit you again. And again.

Can people change? Sure, and every day someone does for the better. Should you assume this man will, particularly when you'd be putting your kids at physical risk? Absolutely ****ing not. If you're even entertaining the prospect of exposing your children to this man, I sincerely hope you're pursuing some form of therapy for your sake and theirs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice