I cant stop thinking about my ex. We've been broken up with for 8 months and I still have such strong feelings for her. She's made it clear she wants to be friends and only that. Now I've tried meeting people but shes still on my mind. And I fear no matter who I meet she will always be the one I want to be with and that people after her are nothing more than a distraction.

What must I do? We both have the same friends, so the day will come when she arrives to a party with some guy at her side and I know it will break me. And also no matter how time goes by I will still feel this way.

wow. sorry it's still so hard for you. I suggest you try to make some new friends. You don't have to lose your old friends but it does help to have other people to hang out with if you know she's going to be around those other people.

it takes practice to stop yourself from thinking those things and to change your thought pattern. Some of the things that I do when I feel like I'm focusing too much on any problem is: get my mind off it. Take a new route to work, listen to a new radio station or a genre of music that you normally don't listen to, go to a place that you haven't been before like new restaurant or a shopping place. Doing new things changes your perspective.

Keep going! don't give up. You can get over this! you deserve better and you have to think that in order to believe it. Keep telling yourself I can do better! I know I can do better!

So sorry you're still mourning what you didn't want to end. When it's been this long, sometimes it's because you haven't done the right things for closure. If any of these things pertain to you, stop them: Communicating with her and getting together as friends. Listening to friends update you about her. Looking at old photos of her and/or old texts.

I cant stop thinking about my ex. We've been broken up with for 8 months and I still have such strong feelings for her.

Hi Ryan,

Firstly know that you are not alone...I'm a couple of months out now and nowhere near healed....

This 20 min video may help:

If it's been this long then there is definitely some grief work that hasn't been done somewhere.....

Reach Deep my friend.

Sending You Strength

Carus*

Stop punishing yourself, by staying 'friends.' It does not work. You must go complete NC. Do not respond when she reaches out. Nothing. This is the only thing that will allow you to move on.

Time to make new friends. Also, if you know she is going to join, don't go.

Archived