Does he hate me?

Adexx

So I started talking to this guy abt the a couple months ago and I have to admit things got pretty personal and him and I started to hit it off right away. We started to talk more and more and eventually, it became a daily thing. We would text til late at night and the first thing in the morning. But lately, he’s been kinda off. He started by saying I was different and that I “changed.” And then, We don’t talk that much anymore and sometimes, he would say things that meant to offend me in a way. i don’t know if it was intentional but tbh, I ignored it thinking that it didn’t rly matter. But then, he started to Attack me in group chats, whatever I’d say is wrong but if our other friend(s) said it it’s “exceptional.” He was always like this from the beginning, he was always teasing me every now and then, I didn’t take it personally at first and laughed it off but not it’s gotten to a point where it’s gone ridiculous! He would tell me that he wanted to push me away one day and the next day he would say that it was a joke and told me not to be upset. He would be nice to everyone and be normal, but he would annoy and try to Attack everything I say. We don’t talk that much anymore, and I don’t mind this. But I can’t help but feel that I’ve lost a Friend. Pls help... what should I do? Why is he acting this way?

I'd block and delete. Life's too short to lose time with people who don't know what they want or that are always changing their behaviour with us in real life... so it's even worse when it's just online friends whom we don't know in person. Too much drama, instability and childish behaviour with this guy.

It depends on what age group we're dealing with here. If you're all teenagers, strong emotions in a guy can cause negative reactions. Sort of like the kid who punches a particular girl in class because he likes her but he can't handle that more mature feeling so he resorts to what he knows, which is hitting. We grow up and instead of punching someone in the arm, we turn to insults and making fun. This turns into emotional abuse and sometimes physical abuse in a relationship. You went through a "honeymoon" period where you were texting everyday, etc. But now that period has worn off. You're not losing a friend by cutting contact with him. You're just getting rid of a nuisance.

Tell your parents or a trusted adult or teacher that you are being cyber-bullied. Stop chatting in this forum or block/report him. Stop hanging out with him, he's not your friend. Avoid him and make friends with other classmates and in other groups or clubs or after school activities you are in.

he started to Attack me in group chats, whatever I’d say is wrong but if our other friend(s) said it it’s “exceptional.” He was always like this from the beginning, he was always teasing me every now and then, I didn’t take it personally at first and laughed it off but not it’s gotten to a point where it’s gone ridiculous!

Archived