Curious, would you go on a first date with someone you met online on Valentine's Day?

milly007

I haven't met this guy yet, but he asked if I wanted to meet up on Wednesday, which is Valentine's Day.

I didn't realize it was Valentine's Day on Wednesday until today. He may have not realized this either.

The thought of it makes me somewhat uncomfortable, while there's still a part of me that's looking forward to meeting him.

Do you think it's reasonable for me to want to reschedule under the circumstances?

I wouldn't read too much into it.

But then again I am not big on holidays, including V-Day.

Too much hoopla for me.

If you like him, accept, I would!

Something low key and casual.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not a big Valentine's Day fan, and would prefer to meet someone when we aren't surrounded by big hearts, flowers, etc. and all the cheesy stuff that comes with it.

Either way, I might just go tomorrow...and go with the flow.

Yes because it's not a date -just a first meet. If you don't meet him he might meet someone else instead -gotta be in it to win it.

My friend met her future husband on V-day because they were doing their laundry at the same time (I know not a date but great story).

Yeah, thanks! He already knows I'm just thinking of this as a meet. We'll most likely just laugh about it anyway when we meet up.

Yeah, thanks! He already knows I'm just thinking of this as a meet. We'll most likely just laugh about it anyway when we meet up.

Yes! Just don't meet for dinner because they usually up the prices for V-day. I had a first date once on V-day -a blind date. He brought me a rose and M&Ms.

You might want to make sure you have a Plan B and a Plan C, because on V-Day, everyone takes their dates out for dinner. It's a very busy day for restaurants. If you want to reschedule you can say you just remembered it was V-Day and things would be a lot more quiet the day after.

Yes! Just don't meet for dinner because they usually up the prices for V-day. I had a first date once on V-day -a blind date. He brought me a rose and M&Ms.

Aw, that was a sweet gesture!

We're only meeting for a drink, however I won't be surprised if it's crazy busy at the restaurant he chooses.

That's ok. If the place is too busy, we'll just have to find another spot. It'll add to the adventure.

You might want to make sure you have a Plan B and a Plan C, because on V-Day, everyone takes their dates out for dinner. It's a very busy day for restaurants. If you want to reschedule you can say you just remembered it was V-Day and things would be a lot more quiet the day after.

Good points! I'm thinking it could be crowded at the resto tomorrow, but I'm willing to roll with it, provided he is.

I'm not sure it's a good idea. There are some reaaaaaally lonely out there fishing for a date on V. day.

Not sure what you mean?

I'm not concerned about him only looking for a date for V Day.

This guy has been pursuing for a while, so I know there's genuine interest.

I just didn't like the thought of being surrounded by V Day decor (which is loud and in your face; at least where I live) when more often than not, first meets don't really progress past the first meet. The thought of being in a lovey-dovey atmosphere, surrounded by couples, makes me a little uncomfortable, since I'm only meeting this guy for the first time.

Plus, first meets/dates can be kinda awkward, so I don't want any V Day shenanigans adding to the awkwardness. Lol

Sure! It might be fun/ funny. Make him a batch of homemade cookies or something. :)

This guy has quite the sense of humour, so at the very least, I know we will be laughing. :)

Oh gawd... I'm not planning on getting him anything, and I hope he doesn't either! Lol

He better just bring himself and nothing extra. Here's hoping.

This guy has quite the sense of humour, so at the very least, I know we will be laughing. :)

Oh gawd... I'm not planning on getting him anything, and I hope he doesn't either! Lol

milly you sound fun, I have no doubt you both will have an absolute blast!

And don't freak if he brings you chocolates, he might!

Just for a laugh since it is the big V-Day and all.

milly you sound fun, I have no doubt you both will have an absolute blast!

And don't freak if he brings you chocolates, he might!

Just for a laugh since it is the big V-Day and all.

Thank you! I think we're going to have fun, too.

He seems like a fun guy, so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, he makes me laugh, which is such a big plus.

I'm a big fan of funny men! :)

I haven't met this guy yet, but he asked if I wanted to meet up on Wednesday, which is Valentine's Day.

I didn't realize it was Valentine's Day on Wednesday until today. He may have not realized this either.

The thought of it makes me somewhat uncomfortable, while there's still a part of me that's looking forward to meeting him.

Do you think it's reasonable for me to want to reschedule under the circumstances?

If you're going to feel weird about it, then reschedule. But honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. It's just a day. And I think it's actually kind of a nice idea for two singles to fly in the face of Valentine's Day by going out together. Defy!

As I'm reading through this, I see that he has a good sense of humor. So, it'll probably be fun.

If I were either of you I would bring a token even if just for fun. I sometimes bring homemade cookies on a first dinner date. I don't know why, I don't think the men know why either. I just feel fun doing it. (Oh! Maybe I will make some to bring to my lumch date tomorrow. He'd like them!)

So, if he brings something don't be weirded out! Justsay TY and keep rolling.

I actually turned down a V-day date 2 years ago with the guy I'm now dating... lol. It would have been our first date then, but the timing was just off. Took us almost those 2 years to get together.

I don't see anything wrong with it being a first date as long as you both know it's just another day in the grand scheme of things.

Archived