Which is the bigger day?

Nay

Which is the bigger day? Celebrating one year together or valentines day?

So i planned something to celebrate one year with my girlfriend to come and visit her and to spend new years with her in the end she couldn't make it which is understandable i was upset of course, but last week my girlfriend told me that shes planned something for us on valentines day and i can't make it due to going away with family for my Fathers birthday when my girlfriend told me her plans i told her that i couldn't come due to me going away for my Fathers birthday she started an argument with me about it i calmed her down as she was upset so im asking the question stated at the start what is the bigger day?

The more pertinent question would be which is more important between your father's birthday and Valentine's Day. Speaking personally, without question it would be the my parent's birthday. But others may differ. Did you tell her you were planning on traveling during Valentine's Day? I could understand her perhaps being a little miffed if she didn't get a heads up you'd be gone on what's generally viewed as a day for couples, but her example is why I don't do surprise plans and really prefer my partner not spring any on me, either. At the end of the day, I would hope it would be relatively inconsequential and that you two could simply do romantic plans any other of the 364 days of the year.

Now if you're trying to ask what day is bigger because you're trying to make a p1ssing contest of it all, you're pretty much stooping right down to her level.

I was only asking an opinion on which day is bigger, no i am not trying to one up her, that is why i started this thread to get an insight in what people think is the more important day, yeah i can understand why she started an argument which is fair enough but we both had our reasons why we couldn't make these plans work.

One year together. Much more significant to you and your partner.

If you already had plans with your father, then that takes precedence. You can celebrate Valentine's the following week. It is so overrated and commercial.

I totally agree with you on this.

Archived