Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a very odd problem. Dont know what to do

Silverbirch
    I get where you are coming from - I think! I am straight female and I value friendships with women. They are important to me. I've had tines in my life when I've had good female friends and then they have moved away, or I gave moved away, and I. A couple if cases they have died. I have lived those women - never meant I ever wanted a sexual relationship with any of them. There was one fabulous group and we all took a regular women's dance class together, and then I had to move away. Am I on the right track? Am I reading you right?

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbirch
    I get where you are coming from - I think! I am straight female and I value friendships with women. They are important to me. I've had tines in my life when I've had good female friends and then they have moved away, or I gave moved away, and I. A couple if cases they have died. I have lived those women - never meant I ever wanted a sexual relationship with any of them. There was one fabulous group and we all took a regular women's dance class together, and then I had to move away. Am I on the right track? Am I reading you right?
    Well --- look at it at a different perspective. I went to a school with a lesbian woman (more than one, but this one in particular) who had mostly lesbian friends and a couple guy friends - she really wanted straight female friends and instead of simply investing in her hobbies that were not LGBT activism "divine feminine studies" etc and put more time into volunteering for other things she liked - like a group that did park cleanup, a book group, a sign language class, etc to expose herself to a situation where she could naturally have friendships with other women, she "pursued" a lot of us in the same way one would pursue a potential date - asking for our phone numbers without ever really having a conversation with us prior or hitting it off, trying to arrange one on one coffee right off the bat. She was not content to be included in a group - and the way she did things it DID feel like she was trying to date us, but she thought that's how you make friends and came off as a little aggressive. And women she "targetted" to be friends shied away because they didn't want to give her mixed messages. I had a lesbian friend in school that i did not feel that way about - she was a part of the "group" of people i socialized with and had common interests and she easily fit in with the rest of us. But the friendship happened naturally based on us crossing paths a lot - being involved in the same things. I didn't feel like she picked me out and said "that girl HAS to be my friend and i am going to make her my friend".

I get the feeling that perhaps you are coming across as the first woman to other men. Just join new groups and be open minded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask For Advice