My boyfriend ignoring me

Bowandhat

My boyfriend is ignoring me and I don’t know why. We didn’t even fight. Saturday he said he missed me Sunday he sent me two text messages and now Monday his completely ignoring all of my messages. I can tell because the read sign has appeared on both Facebook and iPhone messages. I’m so confused. Maybe he cheated on my or he just doesn’t want to be with me? Can someone give me an explanation of why his doing this?

My boyfriend is ignoring me and I don’t know why. We didn’t even fight. Saturday he said he missed me Sunday he sent me two text messages and now Monday his completely ignoring all of my messages. I can tell because the read sign has appeared on both Facebook and iPhone messages. I’m so confused. Maybe he cheated on my or he just doesn’t want to be with me? Can someone give me an explanation of why his doing this?

How long have you been with your boyfriend? Why would you assume he’s cheating, something may of happened.

Why are you thinking he may have cheated on you?

Don't send anymore until you get a reply.

Because it’s so odd how can he go from I miss you to two text messages then to nothing at all. He even admitted that he was tired and wanted to sleep and I’m like ok. But then I see his playing his favorite mmo.(log on to check) no this is not an internet relation btw. Could he just not be interested. I’ve been so busy with nursing school that I didn’t even see him this week

How long have you been with your boyfriend? Why would you assume he’s cheating, something may of happened.

Because he goes from I miss you and we had our regular amount of texting to two messages on Sunday and completely ignored on Monday. I know his ignoring me because I can tell his read my messages on Facebook and my text messages. But like I find it so hard to believe he would cheat and I believe this is another problem. It be a little easier if it was cheating but I know he doesn’t talk to other girls and only has 4 male friends. He doesn’t even go to bar or party. I know him and he did his one time before. And it was to go on our second date and he ignored me. Then explained he wasn’t ready then sent a log text message apologizing and wanting to give it a chance.

Because it’s so odd how can he go from I miss you to two text messages then to nothing at all. He even admitted that he was tired and wanted to sleep and I’m like ok. But then I see his playing his favorite mmo.(log on to check) no this is not an internet relation btw. Could he just not be interested. I’ve been so busy with nursing school that I didn’t even see him this week

Ooh, the irony! That actually happened to me when I was in nursing school because I had gotten too busy between working and school to give attention to my BF of 6 years. But.........that doesn't mean it's happening here.

There is something missing, and that's communication. When you hear from him, ask him if there's anything bothering him.

Nicely say you feel like he's been pulling away a bit. See what he says.

Whatever you do, do not keep blowing up his phone.

How long have you two been dating? Particularly if it's only been a few months, I probably wouldn't even ask if anything is wrong. Him telling you that he's tired and wants to go to bed, only to go play his video game, sounds a lot like he doesn't feel like he can simply have time to himself or not worry about giving you attention. And if you're the type to log on to check if he is in fact asleep has me thinking he's probably justified in thinking so. Don't put him in a position where something needs to be wrong for him to not chat over SMS during a workday.

We have been dating for 4 months. But I only checked because he was acting weird that day. I normally watch his matches anyway. He has done this before and it was when we were about to go on our second date. He ignored me the whole day and sent a long apology and asking if I would give him another chance. I'm scared his doing this again and I don't know why. Or maybe its because we barely see each other. But the way I found out that he ignored me last time was logging on to see that he was playing matches.

How long have you been dating him? Have you tried to actually call him on your phone instead of typing to him? I you have, what happened? If you haven't done that, why not?

On edit... I see you've only been dating him 4 months and he's done this before. Maybe he's just doing the same thing he did then?

Maybe he just wants to be left alone for a bit. Guys need space sometimes (so do many women) if you can't respect that and insist on continuing to bombard him with texts, you are going to suffocate him, which will result in him needing MORE space!

8 messages is A LOT! This overwhelming.

I'm sorry but if you don't learn to chill about these things and leave him alone, when clearly he wants to be left alone, you're gonna lose him.

Maybe he just wants to be left alone for a bit. Guys need space sometimes (so do many women) if you can't respect that and continue bombarding him with texts, you are going to suffocate him, which will result in him needing MORE space!

8 messages is A LOT! This overwhelming.

I'm sorry but if you don't learn to chill about these things and leave him alone you're gonna lose him.

Regardless... I think it's rude of him to completely ignore her and if he has done this before then SHE should lose him.

OP: I think he's still "not ready." At the very least, he's not ready to be half decent in at least telling you that he'll text/call you later and let you know what he's up to.

He ignored me the whole day and sent a long apology and asking if I would give him another chance. I'm scared his doing this again and I don't know why. Or maybe its because we barely see each other. But the way I found out that he ignored me last time was logging on to see that he was playing matches.

This appears to be a pattern.

He's showing who he is. . Is this something you want to tolerate going fwd?

Regardless... I think it's rude of him to completely ignore her and if he has done this before then SHE should lose him.

OP: I think he's still "not ready." At the very least, he's not ready to be half decent in at least telling you that he'll text/call you later and let you know what he's up to.

Well what came first the chicken or the egg?

OP sounds clingy and needy. I mean come on 8 messages? Perhaps this is why he's pulled away before.

I am not necessarily excusing his behavior I am only suggesting that he may have good reason for doing so.

I recall once not having my phone with me and when I returned home, there were like 10 messages from a guy I was dating at the time!

Where are you? Why aren't you returning my messages? Pick up the damn phone!

I was so annoyed I was like screw it and didn't respond.

I stopped dating him shortly after that.

Not going to debate this with you Katrina. Ignoring is rude. Had he answered her the first time then this thread wouldn't exist.

Ciao

I agree but could it be possible he didn't have his phone with him?

Best to text once and wait for him to return the text.

Sending 8 texts in a row is just as rude as ignoring IMO.

OP's quote : " I can tell because the read sign has appeared on both Facebook and iPhone messages."

Okay fair enough missed that.

I guess the question then becomes, why continue texting/messaging him then?

Since he's intentionally not responding, what's the point?

Yes agree it is definitely rude, so just stop texting him, and if the behavior continues then like the others have said, just end it with him.

Okay fair enough missed that.

I guess the question then becomes, why continue texting/messaging him then?

Since he's intentionally not responding, what's the point?

Yes agree it is definitely rude, so just stop texting him, and if the behavior continues then like the others have said, just end it with him.

Well I assume she is doing it because she feels he's pulled away and she's having a feeling that may very well be justified. Repeated msgs in never good, but when fearing the worst lots of people react in this way.

I used to be like that when I was in my twenties, but I outgrew it lol

I haven't seen him all week because I got a 75 on my quiz (which is the passing grade) and I said I needed to study for patho. He seem to complete understand. And he said we will spend valentimes day weekend together. But not his just not responding. And his ignoring me because every time I send a message he reads it and never replies.

For him yes I have so much in common with this person. And I love spending time with him and it seemed like he loved spending time with me. But then he goes cold turkey I'm just really confused and its been 4 months and he hasn't shown any signs that he was unhappy. He always texts first in the morning. He says that he misses me and we just text each other normally. Like send a message every hour to each other.

I didn't send 8 messages in a row. I sent them throughout the day after I realized his been opening my messages and choosing not to respond to them. Because I honeslty dont want to end my relationship with. I enojy my time with him and I thought he felt the same. It was just so out of the blue that this is happening again. But I thought it was just because it was our second date and he wasn't ready but after 4 months we seem to be pretty happy with each other. Seemed to be I gueuss is the main point.

Archived