Recurring lethargy

Every couple of weeks I seem to have recurring feelings of fatigue, stomach upset and general unwell feelings. I've thought about going to the doctor numerous times but the symptoms disappear almost immediately overnight and I am back to eating anything and everything and exercising etc for up to 3 weeks sometimes.

I'm 24, female and weigh 51kg.. I do have a bit of health anxiety (emetophobia) but this doesn't explain the horrible feeling of wanting to lay in bed. The symptoms are often accompanied by a taste in my mouth which is weird but my parents say they caught a virus in 2000 which the doctor told them was embedded in their systems for a few years... I try ignore it but today I went shopping, tried to eat and my body went hot and I panicked so stopped eating. I felt better eventually but when I got into the car I felt very feverish again.. I am lucky in that I never ever get headaches but last night I was up for hours with a right sided one, so I know this HAS to be some sort of virus.

Has anyone had this? There's no history of MS or CF in my family but my dad has blood pressure issues and diabetes is in my grandmother's genes..

Go to a doctor for a work up. Do you have migraines? There are 3 approaches if you want to feel better. 1) see a doctor. 2) review your life lifestyle and what you eat, excess dieting, etc, work out mistakes, etc. 3) stop believing myths and trying to self-diagnose with whatever your parents have or whatever myths they believe.

I took an Ibuprofen as soon as I wrote on here and felt better immediately, which has got to mean it's viral.

So anything a person takes ibuprofen for, which makes them feel better, is by definition viral? I'm sorry, I'm not a doctor, and I'm assuming you're not one either. Please see one very soon and stop trying to self-diagnose.

Oh, I just re-read Wiseman's post. What he said.

• 1 year later...

You need to get a good work up and follow through as well as addressing the illness anxiety disorder.

Every couple of weeks I seem to have recurring feelings of fatigue, stomach upset and general unwell feelings. I've thought about going to the doctor numerous times but the symptoms disappear almost immediately overnight and I am back to eating anything and everything and exercising etc for up to 3 weeks sometimes.

I'm 24, female and weigh 51kg.. I do have a bit of health anxiety (emetophobia) but this doesn't explain the horrible feeling of wanting to lay in bed. The symptoms are often accompanied by a taste in my mouth which is weird but my parents say they caught a virus in 2000 which the doctor told them was embedded in their systems for a few years... I try ignore it but today I went shopping, tried to eat and my body went hot and I panicked so stopped eating. I felt better eventually but when I got into the car I felt very feverish again.. I am lucky in that I never ever get headaches but last night I was up for hours with a right sided one, so I know this HAS to be some sort of virus.

Aside from what seems to be IBS, these symptoms stayed a mile away from me as of August 2018 to now. Yep, as you've read, I am still a sufferer of HA but, I can honestly say I've had zero fever, cold, flu in 2019 except for one night where I had a temperature around mid Feb of this year. Cheers for the insight

How tall are you? That seems to be kind of a low weight... Are you getting adequate nutrition? The things that you describe CAN be a result of a vitamin/protein/electrolyte imbalance or deficiency. This could also be the cause of a weird taste in your mouth.

Seeing the doctor is a good idea.

Archived