Anuta

DH has an almost 18 year old son, who's been going out with a girl, who happens to be my former neighbour. I used to live in a large appartement building and her family used to live right below me. I moved there when my son was 2.5 years old and one day received an anonymous letter telling me that there are 5 parcs around us and that I should take my son out (that was their passive agressive way of telling me that my son was making noise). I guess it was this girl's family as nobody else could have been bothered by us. From time to time, I saw the girl's parents on the street, they would look at me badly, but the girl was always nice. We would say hello to each other, hold the front door, etc.

One day some water spilled on my balcony and fell on theirs. They complained to the consierge, never talked to me, so I could explain that it was an accident.

Another day, a carpet I suspended to dry fell on their balcony. They didn't tell me anything. Since it was an expensive carpet, I put an ad offering a reward for whoever finds it, as I thought that it fell on the ground. The mother called me and informed me that she had it. I came with a nice chocolate box, which she refused. She apologized profusely for not telling me about the carpet and it was it.

All these things happened over a few years, I didn't have any other interactions with this family anymore other than seeing them outside of the building. I moved out from there 2 years ago.

When the girl started going out with SS, I saw her on several occasions, she was nice with me, I never noticed anything negative. She even held my baby when BM1 had us at her place.

Since DH doesn't see his oldest very often who often hangs out at the gf's place, I suggested that he invite them here. BM1 made efforts to be friends with the gf's parents and SS even told DH that BM's new boyfriend met the gf's parents before him.

So we invited them and never heard from them about it. When DH asked the SS what happened, he said that gf's parents don't want her to come to our place because of me. The girl is 16....

I feel bad because now we can't have them at our place together. I really like this SS, he's such a nice, respectful guy and I rarely see him. I also always like his gf even without knowing her, because she was such a contrast to her mother.

I feel like it's unfair, because if there was something else, serious enough for them to forbid their 16 y.o. daughter from going to the boyfriend's father's place (while totally allowing her to go to BM's place), I don't know it. I generally respect people and would never purposely bother neighbours and I had good relationship with other neighbours around me. And I wonder if BM with whom I had issues contributed to this....

Archived