Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 56 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 553

Thread: My Wife and Her New Boss

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132
    Gender
    Male

    My Wife and Her New Boss

    Hello Everyone,

    Been married a little over 7 years. I started noticing changes in my wife when she started a new job back in June of last year, working late, dressing different, guarding her phone. To make a long story short, my wife now spends more time with her new boss than she does with me. There have been at least 2 different incidents where I caught them doing what I consider to be flirting (she disagrees) and she even gave him a very expensive watch for Christmas.

    (she's never given me a watch)

    They text after work and at all hours of the night, I've even caught her texting him when she was supposed to be having a romantic dinner, alone with me. Every time I try to sit her down and have a calm conversation with her about all this, we just end up arguing and I end up on the couch, she thinks I'm overreacting and she even claims that maybe I'm being a little insecure about the fact that she now earns more than me.

    She says there is nothing going on between them, that she's only trying to make a good impression and I'm being paranoid, she says she loves me and wouldn't be with me if she wanted someone else and I really want to believe her. This weekend they are supposed to go away for a convention and she'll be gone for 2 weeks. I've already told her that I feel uncomfortable about the trip and now she says I'm controlling and she seems determined to go whether I like it or not.

    I don't know who this person is, but it's not the woman I married, she's turned into some sort of cold-hearted Ice Queen, our sex life is down the drain and she gets irritated easily and picks fights with me about stupid stuff. Despite all of this I still love my wife very much, but I'm beginning to think I can't compete with her new boss, he's 10 years younger than me, single and filthy rich. I'm at a loss for what to do, part of me wants to walk away and another part wants to fight for my marriage, but I don't even know where to start, I've never been in this situation before, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,674
    Gender
    Female
    Sorry for what you're going through. She's being very inappropriate, crossing the lines with her boss,
    and being very disrespectful to your marriage. I dated a guy who had the same situation, and it never stopped.
    He ended up divorcing her. The anger he held still was unhealthy, but if you know you're being cheated
    out of what a marriage is supposed to be, it's better to walk away from it and heal, and then start fresh.
    You should put your foot down to her. This sounds like it's leading up to an affair.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    301
    Mount a military’s style operation to get the peace of mind you need to have. She will go to great lengths to hide things. Acting insecure is not helping your cause. Tell her you love her and you value the relationship, and if she ever thinks of getting to close to another man to have enough confidence to tell you with enough time to correct things.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by SweetGirl28
    Sorry for what you're going through. She's being very inappropriate, crossing the lines with her boss,
    and being very disrespectful to your marriage. I dated a guy who had the same situation, and it never stopped.
    He ended up divorcing her. The anger he held still was unhealthy, but if you know you're being cheated
    out of what a marriage is supposed to be, it's better to walk away from it and heal, and then start fresh.
    You should put your foot down to her. This sounds like it's leading up to an affair.
    Tried being nice and putting my foot down but we just end up arguing and she always has to have the last word.
    I don't understand how someone's entire personality can just change like that almost overnight, she acts like a completely different person.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by ControlDenied
    Mount a military’s style operation to get the peace of mind you need to have. She will go to great lengths to hide things. Acting insecure is not helping your cause. Tell her you love her and you value the relationship, and if she ever thinks of getting to close to another man to have enough confidence to tell you with enough time to correct things.
    I wouldn't say I'm being insecure, but she thinks I am, I'm just looking for a little respect from the woman I married.
    Military Style Operation? Please elaborate

  7. #6
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,674
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by KnightMan
    Tried being nice and putting my foot down but we just end up arguing and she always has to have the last word.
    I don't understand how someone's entire personality can just change like that almost overnight, she acts like a completely different person.
    Sorry to say this, but her actions and defying you really points to her being deceitful.
    She can pull the "you're being controlling of me" card, but you have valid reason to question her actions.
    I mean, why does she need to be texting him outside of work? And during her time with you?

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,674
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by KnightMan
    I wouldn't say I'm being insecure, but she thinks I am, I'm just looking for a little respect from the woman I married.
    Military Style Operation? Please elaborate
    I don't find you being insecure either. For every action, there's a reaction.
    You are reacting to her actions. Fair enough.
    If it were you saying things because she has to work late to keep her job, you'd be in the wrong.
    But that isn't the case here.

    Having dated wealthy men, let me tell you this---it means nothing.
    It doesn't mean that man will spend his fortune on her nor give her access to his funds. So don't let the fact that
    the man is filthy rich upset you. A woman of value appreciates a hard working man, no matter his income. Money
    does not make a person respectful, faithful, loving, attentive, etc. it's easy to flash around the fancy cars, huge
    home, expensive dinners and wine, etc, but at the end of the day, it does not mean happiness.

  9. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    301
    If she thinks you are insecure is all that matters.!! Act cool as a cucumber and factually... tell her you will have time to catch up with your girlfriends while she is out (jokingly)

    The friendly coworker, is the number 1 candidate for an affair! Google it.

    Military style operation... track her location, her messages, her facebook, record her, etc. Use your imagination. Hire a detective... get a friend to spy on her... get a cheap independent person to spy on her. You need to protect your marriage. Play defense and offense.

  10. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by SweetGirl28
    Sorry to say this, but her actions and defying you really points to her being deceitful.
    She can pull the "you're being controlling of me" card, but you have valid reason to question her actions.
    I mean, why does she need to be texting him outside of work? And during her time with you?
    My thoughts exactly, she claims the text messages are all business related but when I ask to look at them she tells me to hold on for a second and almost all of the messages have been deleted. I tried to grab a peek at her phone once when she went into the shower but she put a passcode on it.

  11. #10
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by SweetGirl28
    I don't find you being insecure either. For every action, there's a reaction.
    You are reacting to her actions. Fair enough.
    If it were you saying things because she has to work late to keep her job, you'd be in the wrong.
    But that isn't the case here.

    Having dated wealthy men, let me tell you this---it means nothing.
    It doesn't mean that man will spend his fortune on her nor give her access to his funds. So don't let the fact that
    the man is filthy rich upset you. A woman of value appreciates a hard working man, no matter his income. Money
    does not make a person respectful, faithful, loving, attentive, etc. it's easy to flash around the fancy cars, huge
    home, expensive dinners and wine, etc, but at the end of the day, it does not mean happiness.
    Thanks I really needed to hear that, at first I really thought she might be attracted to him because he was a better man than me, but I honestly don't think that's the case at all, he's not a better man than me, he just has more money.

Page 1 of 56 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •