Hi guys. This is my first time posting so I don't know how this works.

I just never had a dating life. I have had crushes, I have even been rejected. But I never had a boyfriend. I just feel unloved.

People around me are finding love easily. I don't even have a close guy friend. It makes me wonder will I ever find true love? Or maybe I'll be alone forever. And this fear constantly haunts me. I'm slowly thinking I must be ugly that's why no one likes me. It is bringing down my confidence. Any advice?

I know this is cliche, but theres someone for everyone.

There are people who want to be alone forever. The question is, do you? Have you accepted this as your fate?

Or do you want to have someone in your life? If you want someone, then there's gotta be some action on your part. Are you proactive in the dating scene? Proactive in meeting like-minded people face to face on a regular basis (church, animal/people shelter, theatre, programming workshops, game nights, etc.) If you are not confident enough then work out on that aspect.

Confidence building - eating right and fresh, working out regularly, trying new extracurricular activities you've wanted to try, adopting a positive frame of mind when looking at things and analyzing situations, meditation, etc.

Hi guys. This is my first time posting so I don't know how this works.

I just never had a dating life. I have had crushes, I have even been rejected. But I never had a boyfriend. I just feel unloved.

People around me are finding love easily. I don't even have a close guy friend. It makes me wonder will I ever find true love? Or maybe I'll be alone forever. And this fear constantly haunts me. I'm slowly thinking I must be ugly that's why no one likes me. It is bringing down my confidence. Any advice?

Yeah, move to PA, there's a single guy here.

Hi as such I never really went on dates. I live in india and here going on dating with strangers is not acceptable. I am 22 and still my parents freak out when they know i have other gender friends. And also i am an introvert so I dont have many male friends and as such no guy has shown interest in me and whoever i showed interest on rejected me. I know i am still young but i just want to experience a significant other. Maybe it may happen.

What are acceptable ways to meet people? Are you working? Attending college or taking any sort of classes courses for example things that may be fun like sports, etc. If dating apps are no good for you try to branch out. Even if you are introverted, social activities like these structured ones break the ice. Also go to events and social things with women friends. Who knows, maybe there's a nice shy guy waiting for you in one of these. But you can't leave things to fate.

I live in india and here going on dating with strangers is not acceptable. I am 22 and still my parents freak out when they know i have other gender friends.
  • 1 month later...

I think that of those who are forever single, the following categories can apply.

A) Unable to date due to life circumstances

B) Desiring a relationship, able to date but unwilling to due to life circumstances / frame of mind

C) Actively seeking a date / relationship, or gone on dates yet has consistently had no luck getting to the 'next step'.

D) Uninterested in dating (i.e. Asexual) yet perhaps there is social or family pressure to do so.

IMO the first step for anyone who is figuring out how to resolve such conundrum is to appreciate which of the above is most applicable to themselves. As for me, I'm firmly in Camp B. However, for all I know I could just as likely find myself in Camp C if I actually put myself out there!

I used to post here on ENA semi-regularly years ago - Whether it was about one unrequited infatuation or another. I stopped, when I finally learned that all the online advice in the world can't help. Unless I want to truly put the great advice I had received at ENA into action, which as it turned out I didn't. The loneliness is still there nonetheless, and here I am years later posting once again! Hopefully to help someone else gain some perspective on their romantic (or lack thereof) lives if not my own as well.

I know this is cliche, but theres someone for everyone.

There are people who want to be alone forever. The question is, do you? Have you accepted this as your fate?

Or do you want to have someone in your life? If you want someone, then there's gotta be some action on your part. Are you proactive in the dating scene? Proactive in meeting like-minded people face to face on a regular basis (church, animal/people shelter, theatre, programming workshops, game nights, etc.) If you are not confident enough then work out on that aspect.

Confidence building - eating right and fresh, working out regularly, trying new extracurricular activities you've wanted to try, adopting a positive frame of mind when looking at things and analyzing situations, meditation, etc.

I agree with Lootie. If you want something you need to work for it as it doesn't always come to you. You have to keep on talking to people to find out if you have anything in common or if it can lead to something. You have to be open to meeting people in bars and it that's not for you you could try a local club or find a hobby or hang out with friends to meet more friends.

I'm similar to you. Ive had crushes and have had mini relationships but I ve never found someone close or deep enough to have a long bonding relationship. I ve tried internet dating, Ive asked people out. I work in sales and its easy to ask people to buy a product but I find it hard to ask people out as I do fear rejection and this has something to do with my past. if you don't ask or do anything then you will be stuck in a rut. You need to ask as many people out. You will find someone who will say yes and wants to be with you. its a matter of finding him or her.

I do believe there is someone for everyone, and sometimes that "one" plops in your lap by pure happenstance, but it is also agreed that you do need to put yourself out there and not be a total recluse and expect some magical meeting by pure chance. You need to put yourself out there and exhibit some effort to your degree of comfort. Meeting someone to your degree of comfort is important. You don't want to pretend to be a social butterfly and meet a social butterfly, as that will only lead to problems in the future because your personal reality is you just don't live this way and can'f fully function this way.

OP, your idea is just and reasonable to a degree, but you can't immerse yourself into a social lifestyle and then change the rules after you've landed yourself that guy/girl.

Maybe someone chooses to stay single. Maybe someone has unreasonable expectations which leads to perpetual single-hood. No one knows.

I'm more of a homebody and bend in the direction of introvert. I am not a social butterfly and find it exhausting to fill any voids with people and activities. I like my down time and alone time and silence. It is important to find a good life balance and get out once in awhile, even if the activity isn't purely social...you never know what could happen, as you talk to strangers, exchange some pleasantries...maybe meet a friend or even a lover or partner...you don't know, but pursuing an activity you enjoy and rounding out your life outside of work/home/errands is a good thing. Having a well-rounded life invites that accidental plop in the lap. :) I talk to strangers in the store. It doesn't scare me. But I'm not going to fill all my down time with activities and pretend this lifestyle works for me just to land a guy. :)

Archived